begin2search

gannperk@netvision.net.il

      17th Feb 2005
I have been infected by the spyware "begin2search". I
have removed it numerous times with the microsoft spyware
and have manually removed the b2s files from my computer
but it doesn't go away.

Any suggestions?

Bill Sanderson

      18th Feb 2005
Either Microsoft Antispyware is failing to clean some portion of this bug
because it is in use, or it is missing completely some startup item which is
being left in place.

For the first, restart in safe mode, and do a full, deep scan, preferably
scanning until a scan comes through clean--perhaps 2 scans?

If it returns after that operation, scouring the startup areas via the
system explorer advanced tools is in order. You can block items whose
provenance you may doubt. You won't endanger the operation of your system
via this tool--it won't allow you to block essential startup items. You
might be able to block a software firewall from starting--not sure about
this, but it would be best to be cautious and disconnect the Internet while
testing.
--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

message news:296701c51503$1a01fbf0$(E-Mail Removed)...