Beep questions

brian

      23rd Sep 2004
Hello all. I am currently working on a monster of a
project ie a (PC)computer with things missing and other
parts placed in the wrong slots. I have repeated tried
booting, however the beeps continue. Yea I know the beeps
codes however with many different theories like the power
supply is bad or the ram needs to be reseated. I going to
ask this to someone who knows, here goes: Continous short
beeps using I believe an Award BIOS any suggestions? thanks
sorry for the long winded post.

      23rd Sep 2004
If you have one insert a POST card into a spare slot, this
will then display which device is causing the problem
during the boot sequence. You may need to check the code
book to find what devie it hangs on.

Also if it beeps for a few minutes after you shut it down,
this would be due to overheating!

BOB

Bob I

      24th Sep 2004
Strip it down to the basics, one ram module, vid card, 1 HD, etc. There
should be a sticker on the BIOS chip. Compare BEEP codes AFTER you
verify the BIOS manufacturer

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...p+code+listing

brian wrote:

> Hello all. I am currently working on a monster of a
> project ie a (PC)computer with things missing and other
> parts placed in the wrong slots. I have repeated tried
> booting, however the beeps continue. Yea I know the beeps
> codes however with many different theories like the power
> supply is bad or the ram needs to be reseated. I going to
> ask this to someone who knows, here goes: Continous short
> beeps using I believe an Award BIOS any suggestions? thanks
> sorry for the long winded post.

New Member

      12th Jun 2012
Its seems that your RAM or memory is not properly inserted.
I have the same experience with that. try removing your RAM then clean the lower part with an eraser.. Then try inserting your RAM again..
To read more about this try looking here : http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-...ter-beep-codes