jim

      9th Aug 2005
Anyone heard of an app called 'bcc spy'? I'm pretty sure that's the name.
It's a little freeware Outlook add-in that warns a user when they click
reply-to-all on a message they were bcc'd on. It may have been part of a
suite of Outlook tools, i forget.

I'd sure like to find it. Any help is appreciated!

jim

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      9th Aug 2005
No, it is not a part of Outlook in any version.

Have you tried http://www.google.com

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, jim asked:

| Anyone heard of an app called 'bcc spy'? I'm pretty sure that's the
| name. It's a little freeware Outlook add-in that warns a user when
| they click reply-to-all on a message they were bcc'd on. It may have
| been part of a suite of Outlook tools, i forget.
|
| I'd sure like to find it. Any help is appreciated!
|
| jim

Someone

      9th Aug 2005
If there is such a thing, it would run on the mail server level, not the
email client level. Try sending a message with Outlook Express via BCC to
yourself and look at the message source, the email client doesn't even see
the BCC field, it's removed at the mail server.

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone heard of an app called 'bcc spy'? I'm pretty sure that's the name.
> It's a little freeware Outlook add-in that warns a user when they click
> reply-to-all on a message they were bcc'd on. It may have been part of a
> suite of Outlook tools, i forget.
>
> I'd sure like to find it. Any help is appreciated!
>
> jim

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      10th Aug 2005
it (or something similar) is in at least one addin suites - maybe bells and
whistles? http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2005/up050317.htm#update

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, it is not a part of Outlook in any version.
>
> Have you tried http://www.google.com?
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, jim asked:
>
> | Anyone heard of an app called 'bcc spy'? I'm pretty sure that's the
> | name. It's a little freeware Outlook add-in that warns a user when
> | they click reply-to-all on a message they were bcc'd on. It may have
> | been part of a suite of Outlook tools, i forget.
> |
> | I'd sure like to find it. Any help is appreciated!
> |
> | jim

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v

      5th Sep 2005
It can work at the client level if it simply recognizes that none of the
current user's e-mail account addresses were included in the To or CC fields
of the received message.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook