Backup for Messenger contacts

Manel

      26th Jul 2007
How I can make backup of my contacts in Messenger?

Regards!

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

      27th Jul 2007
Greetings,

Luckily this feature has been in Messenger since version 3 and stores the contacts to a XML
file (as a .ctt extension). To save it, just open up Messenger, press the Alt key to bring
up the menu, click the Contacts menu (or the equivalent in your language), and choose Save
instant messaging contacts (or something similar depending on version).

If you're using Windows Messenger (as opposed to Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger),
you'll find the option on the File menu in the same location.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

"Manel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O8f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How I can make backup of my contacts in Messenger?
>
> Regards!

Manel

      27th Jul 2007
Tnks Jonathan!