PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Background Repagination

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5j?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Sep 2004
Hello Everyone! 8-)

I have a large, complex MS Word document created from a template that has
"Background Repagination" ticked and greyed-out when in Print Layout View.
When I change to Normal view and I am editing, whole blocks of text are
deleted.

Can you tell me how to get the Background Repagination off? I've already
tried to create new versions and nothing seems to work.

Thanks. This is driving me nuts!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dayo Mitchell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Sep 2004
I don't quite understand what you're saying....Print Layout view can't
function without repaginating, because it attempts to show you what the
pages will be. So I don't think you can turn it off for Print Layout view.

You should be able to turn it off for Normal View, but what does
repagination have to do with the fact that "whole blocks of text are
deleted"? That does sound like a problem, so why are you asking about
repagination instead of deleted text? What kind of text is this? Why do
you want to turn off Background Repagination anywhow?

By the way, when you say "create new versions" if you are using Word's
Versions feature, it's been linked to corruption.

More explanation might help, unless you get a helpful answer because someone
else understood better than I did...

On 9/22/04 5:45 AM, "brianc" wrote:

> Hello Everyone! 8-)
>
> I have a large, complex MS Word document created from a template that has
> "Background Repagination" ticked and greyed-out when in Print Layout View.
> When I change to Normal view and I am editing, whole blocks of text are
> deleted.
>
> Can you tell me how to get the Background Repagination off? I've already
> tried to create new versions and nothing seems to work.
>
> Thanks. This is driving me nuts!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Sep 2004
The "whole blocks of text" that are "deleted" are probably in text boxes or
some other objects in the drawing layer, which aren't displayed in Normal
view.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dayo Mitchell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:BD76CBAA.3FE39%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't quite understand what you're saying....Print Layout view can't
> function without repaginating, because it attempts to show you what the
> pages will be. So I don't think you can turn it off for Print Layout

view.
>
> You should be able to turn it off for Normal View, but what does
> repagination have to do with the fact that "whole blocks of text are
> deleted"? That does sound like a problem, so why are you asking about
> repagination instead of deleted text? What kind of text is this? Why

do
> you want to turn off Background Repagination anywhow?
>
> By the way, when you say "create new versions" if you are using Word's
> Versions feature, it's been linked to corruption.
>
> More explanation might help, unless you get a helpful answer because

someone
> else understood better than I did...
>
> On 9/22/04 5:45 AM, "brianc" wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone! 8-)
> >
> > I have a large, complex MS Word document created from a template that

has
> > "Background Repagination" ticked and greyed-out when in Print Layout

View.
> > When I change to Normal view and I am editing, whole blocks of text are
> > deleted.
> >
> > Can you tell me how to get the Background Repagination off? I've

already
> > tried to create new versions and nothing seems to work.
> >
> > Thanks. This is driving me nuts!

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Background Repagination CarolsXJ900 Microsoft Word Document Management 8 23rd Jul 2008 06:44 AM
Cannot turn off background repagination =?Utf-8?B?YmlyZGZpc2h5?= Microsoft Word Document Management 4 11th Jul 2006 01:22 PM
Background Repagination is greyed. ˵˫ Microsoft Word New Users 1 21st May 2006 03:04 PM
Background repagination Gilles Desjardins Microsoft Word New Users 2 15th Oct 2005 10:13 PM
Continual repagination in Word =?Utf-8?B?SkFDVE8=?= Microsoft Word Document Management 0 19th Feb 2004 02:06 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:17 PM.