Back to conversion WAB to PAB

=?Utf-8?B?TGF2aWU=?=

      3rd Feb 2005
Hi (from "old" Europe...)
Despite the response I got, I still have a problem: in Outlook 2003, I have
my Contacts file for business and a PAB file for my B file.
Any hints, clues, suggestions ?
Thanks in advance
--
JL

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      3rd Feb 2005
And your question is?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Lavie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi (from "old" Europe...)
> Despite the response I got, I still have a problem: in Outlook 2003, I
> have
> my Contacts file for business and a PAB file for my B file.
> Any hints, clues, suggestions ?
> Thanks in advance
> --
> JL

=?Utf-8?B?TGF2aWU=?=

      3rd Feb 2005
Sorry Sue, my thought goes faster than my fingers...

The question is that I forgot how to convert a WAB file in OE6, into a PAB
file in Outlook 2003. I don't want to import the WAB into Outlook's Contacts
(that's easy) but into the personal address book.
Sorry again for this elliptical absence of question: Your Rummy is probably
right, "old" Europe is no good...
Thanks for your help anyway
JL

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> And your question is?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
> Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Lavie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi (from "old" Europe...)
> > Despite the response I got, I still have a problem: in Outlook 2003, I
> > have
> > my Contacts file for business and a PAB file for my B file.
> > Any hints, clues, suggestions ?
> > Thanks in advance
> > --
> > JL

Brian Tillman

      4th Feb 2005
Lavie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The question is that I forgot how to convert a WAB file in OE6, into
> a PAB file in Outlook 2003. I don't want to import the WAB into
> Outlook's Contacts (that's easy) but into the personal address book.

But Outlook doesn't use the PAB for anything. It gets its addresses from
the Contacts folder. That's what you should be using.
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?TGF2aWU=?=

      4th Feb 2005
Sorry to contradict you Brian,
In Outlook 2003 I have my business contacts in the Contact folder AND a
Personnal Address Book file (*.pab) where personnal addresses are stored,
which, originaly was duplicating my *.wab file in OE.
I can edit this file from Outlook, but there is no straightforward
synchronisation OE to Outlook and conversely.
There is a way of doing it, which I forgot.
That's the reason of this post.
Thanks for your help
JL

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Lavie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > The question is that I forgot how to convert a WAB file in OE6, into
> > a PAB file in Outlook 2003. I don't want to import the WAB into
> > Outlook's Contacts (that's easy) but into the personal address book.

> But Outlook doesn't use the PAB for anything. It gets its addresses from
> the Contacts folder. That's what you should be using.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

      4th Feb 2005
Lavie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In Outlook 2003 I have my business contacts in the Contact folder AND
> a Personnal Address Book file (*.pab) where personnal addresses are
> stored, which, originaly was duplicating my *.wab file in OE.
> I can edit this file from Outlook, but there is no straightforward
> synchronisation OE to Outlook and conversely.
> There is a way of doing it, which I forgot.
> That's the reason of this post.

The PAB is available in Outlook only to serve as a legacy connection to the
old MS Mail program. Contradict all you want, but the truth is, no matter
what you choose to believe, addresses are meant to be placed in a Contacts
folder. You can have multiple contacts folders, each for whatever purpose
you want and each enabled as an Outlook Address Book so that clicking the
To, Cc, or Bcc buttons in a compose window will allow you to choose
addresses from them. You're not using Outlook as it was intended to be
used.
--
Brian Tillman