AVG is turning itself off today

Mozart

      27th Dec 2010
For some reason, my AVG program on a Windows XP machine is turning
itself
off. I'll get an alert and in Windows Security Center it will say no
antivirus found.
in the AVG program it says No Active Components. It did an update
last night.
This is for the Free Edition 2011.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Mozart

      27th Dec 2010
It turned out to just be a bad updating process.
Seems I could have been left without an anti-virus if I didn't
boot out the program, run the scanner, and reboot the machine
twice.

I got the no virus checker present alert message twice.

--

On Dec 27, 9:54*am, Mozart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> For some reason, my AVG program on a Windows XP machine is turning
> itself
> off. *I'll get an alert and in Windows Security Center it will say no
> antivirus found.
> in the AVG program it says No Active Components. *It did an update
> last night.
> This is for the Free Edition 2011.
>
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Softwarehttp://www.paramind.net
> Telical Bookshttp://www.telicalbooks.com
> Regenerative Musichttp://www.regenerativemusic.net/

babel17

      28th Dec 2010
On 12/27/2010 2:23 PM, Mozart wrote:
> It turned out to just be a bad updating process.
> Seems I could have been left without an anti-virus if I didn't
> boot out the program, run the scanner, and reboot the machine
> twice.
>
> I got the no virus checker present alert message twice.
>
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Telical Books http://www.telicalbooks.com
> Regenerative Music http://www.regenerativemusic.net/
>
> On Dec 27, 9:54 am, Mozart<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> For some reason, my AVG program on a Windows XP machine is turning
>> itself
>> off. I'll get an alert and in Windows Security Center it will say no
>> antivirus found.
>> in the AVG program it says No Active Components. It did an update
>> last night.
>> This is for the Free Edition 2011.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Pearson
>> ParaMind Brainstorming Softwarehttp://www.paramind.net
>> Telical Bookshttp://www.telicalbooks.com
>> Regenerative Musichttp://www.regenerativemusic.net/

AVG Free 2011 has appeared to be misbehaving since it was introduced.
Mostly failure to update, but problems with e-mail as well.
But I have seen these problems only on some machines, not all.

--
Kindly remove "notme" to reply.