AVG, to scan only "Attach" by an icon?

Fogar

      7th Sep 2003
Hi,
I have very often to scan "Attach" folder of Eudora and I don't like
always to go iside AVG "Test Center". I waste too much time.
I'd like to have a shortcurt on desktop. Clicking on it, the AVG
should run and scan that folder.
Is it possible?
Thanks.

bye Fogar

Ben Myers

      7th Sep 2003
Find the AVG folder in My Computer or Windows Explorer and
create a desktop shortcut to "avgse.exe". Right-click the shortcut,
select "Properties" and add a space and the path to the Eudora
attachment folder to the end of the "Target" line, something like
this:.

"C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgse.exe" "C:\Program Files\Eudora\Attach\*.*"

Ben

Fogar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have very often to scan "Attach" folder of Eudora and I don't like
> always to go iside AVG "Test Center". I waste too much time.
> I'd like to have a shortcurt on desktop. Clicking on it, the AVG
> should run and scan that folder.
> Is it possible?
> Thanks.
>
> bye Fogar

Alastair

      7th Sep 2003
"Fogar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I have very often to scan "Attach" folder of Eudora and I don't like
> always to go iside AVG "Test Center". I waste too much time.
> I'd like to have a shortcurt on desktop. Clicking on it, the AVG
> should run and scan that folder.
> Is it possible?

Just pop a shortcut to the "Attach" folder on your desktop. When
you want to scan, right-click it and choose "Scan with AVG" from
the menu.

Fogar

      8th Sep 2003
>Just pop a shortcut to the "Attach" folder on your desktop. When
>you want to scan, right-click it and choose "Scan with AVG" from
>the menu.

I haven't "Scan with AVG" in the menu but "Test by AVG".
That test tells me if there are virus but it doesn't delete them.

bye Fogar

Fogar

      8th Sep 2003
I'm sorry but I have the version 7 and I have not avgse.exe.
I don't know if I have to create a desktop shortcut with
avgw.exe or avgw.exe.
However I have tried with both but it doesn't work.
In the Propierties of my shortcurt I see:
C:\Programmi\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
and I heve modified it so:
C:\Programmi\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe "C:\Programmi\Internet\Eudora\
Attach\*.*"
When I click on the shortcurt it opens "AVG Anti-virus Advanced
Interface, then I have to go into "Test Menager Menu".
Why?
Thanks Fogar

>Find the AVG folder in My Computer or Windows Explorer and
>create a desktop shortcut to "avgse.exe". Right-click the shortcut,
>select "Properties" and add a space and the path to the Eudora
>attachment folder to the end of the "Target" line, something like
>this:.
>
>"C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgse.exe" "C:\Program Files\Eudora\Attach\*.*"
>
>Ben
>
>Fogar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I have very often to scan "Attach" folder of Eudora and I don't like
>> always to go iside AVG "Test Center". I waste too much time.
>> I'd like to have a shortcurt on desktop. Clicking on it, the AVG
>> should run and scan that folder.
>> Is it possible?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> bye Fogar

Alastair

      8th Sep 2003
"Fogar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Just pop a shortcut to the "Attach" folder on your desktop. When
> >you want to scan, right-click it and choose "Scan with AVG" from
> >the menu.

> I haven't "Scan with AVG" in the menu but "Test by AVG".
> That test tells me if there are virus but it doesn't delete them.

Odd. "Scan with AVG" is in my menu.

Ben Myers

      9th Sep 2003
I use AVG6. Avgse.exe doesn't delete infected files anyway, so
it would be no better than the folder method suggested by another
poster.