AVg is offering the FREE Link Scanner

robinb

      20th Apr 2009
you can check it out here

http://linkscanner.avg.com/ww.sals-how-it-works

what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
version has link scanner in it now
robin

--
Do You Fee Like A Hostage To Your Computer?
R&D Internet Associates are who you need.

gene@none.net

      20th Apr 2009
"robinb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> you can check it out here
>
> http://linkscanner.avg.com/ww.sals-how-it-works
>
> what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
> version has link scanner in it now
> robin

good question. btw, if anyone is using avg and jv16powertools, avg
is falsely reporting the latest update of the latter as having the
win32/etap virus. path has to be excepted.

gene

Tim Clark

      20th Apr 2009
Because not every one uses avg ;-)

Tim
--
If you set a Vista disk in the CD tray upside down,
you can hear SATANIC VOICES!

"robinb" wrote:

> what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
> version has link scanner in it now

robin

      20th Apr 2009
I know that :P
I guess this is a marketing tool to get those to use it
btw I have aviria on one of my computers and I just installed the link
scanner because I actually like the link scanner
it installed fine in ie8 so far and firefox
I am finding it is not slowing down the browser- avg must have finally fixed
this because I have been unchecking the toolbar but not the link scanner
when I install the program for others because it was so slow

robin.

"Tim Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Because not every one uses avg ;-)
>
> Tim
> --
> If you set a Vista disk in the CD tray upside down,
> you can hear SATANIC VOICES!
> But that isn't the worst of it,
> if you set it the right way IT INSTALLS VISTA!
>

> "robinb" wrote:
>
>> what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
>> version has link scanner in it now

robin

      20th Apr 2009
you should send that out to avg to inform them so they can put in an update
to fix this
robin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "robinb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> you can check it out here
>>
>> http://linkscanner.avg.com/ww.sals-how-it-works
>>
>> what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
>> version has link scanner in it now
>> robin

> good question. btw, if anyone is using avg and jv16powertools, avg
> is falsely reporting the latest update of the latter as having the
> win32/etap virus. path has to be excepted.
>
> gene

gene@none.net

      20th Apr 2009
"robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> you should send that out to avg to inform them so they can put in an update
> to fix this
> robin

Someone had already done it, per their forum. Part of Macecraft's
suggestion via a ticket response is not to use AVG for anti virus.

Gene

Pat Willener

      22nd Apr 2009
It's a scam! Anything that spells 'FREE' in all-caps cannot be anything
but a scam of some sorts.

robinb wrote:
> you can check it out here
>
> http://linkscanner.avg.com/ww.sals-how-it-works
>
> what I am wondering is why they are doing this since the avg 8.5 free
> version has link scanner in it now
> robin

Pat Willener

      22nd Apr 2009