Automatically format

Abrielle

      4th Feb 2011
I have a workbook for personal banking purposes. When I log on to my bank, I
copy the latest lines of my statement and paste into my workbook.

I use Paste Special | Unicode text and my columns are filled appropriately.

The only problem is that the last column, i.e. the balance, does not format
to two decimal places as I had already set up.

How can I automatically paste in the right format, please? Do I need a
macro?

Jim Cone

      4th Feb 2011
After pasting your data:
Select the entire column (click the column heading)
Find the button on the "Home" tab (xl2007) or on a toolbar (xl2003) that looks somewhat
like that below...
----
<.0
..00
----
Clicking it (or its companion) will quickly adjust the display of decimals.

-or-
Paste your data into "Notepad" copy it again and paste into Excel.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Abrielle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message
news:iighfh$ngi$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>I have a workbook for personal banking purposes. When I log on to my bank, I copy the
>latest lines of my statement and paste into my workbook.
>
> I use Paste Special | Unicode text and my columns are filled appropriately.
>
> The only problem is that the last column, i.e. the balance, does not format to two
> decimal places as I had already set up.
>
> How can I automatically paste in the right format, please? Do I need a macro?

Abrielle

      4th Feb 2011
Thank you.