automatic internet time syncronization

Josh

      9th Sep 2004
automatic internet time syncronization on my win-xp pro used to work very
well using a modem connection over the phone line.
recently I started using a WLAN wireless network connection (peer-to-peer)
(IEEE 802.11b) connected to another computer running on win2000 which is the
one connected to the internet (using an SMC EZ Card 10_100 (SMC1211TX). and
I get the following message: "An error occurred while Windows was
syncronizing with [name of server]". I tried other servers, and the same
happens.
or sometimes the message appears: "Windows has never attempted to syncronize
with an internet time server".
would appreciate some assistance.
--
Regards,

Josh

Josh

      10th Sep 2004
Thanks for this, but I already tried it all.

FYI this is the complete list of time servers on my machine:
time.windows.com; time.nist.gov; time-a.nist.gov; time-b.nist.gov;
time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov; time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov;
time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov; time.nist.gov; time-nw.nist.gov

I mean, is it possible that ALL 9 servers are down at the same time? (my
machine is connected to the net for 9 hours uninterrupted every day).
There's gotta be something else, don't you think? Especially because it used
to work with the modem connection. My firewall is off.

--
Regards,

Josh

"The Unknown P" <( (E-Mail Removed) )> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In some cases the firewall will not allow you to connect to a time server

or
> in fact the server may be down. You can add as many time servers as you

want
> in the registry. In my case the servers are only available in the day

time. I
> assume this is to cut down on their expenses of keeping the server open 24
> hrs a day. My XP only came with 2 servers available. time.nist.gov and
> time.windows.com . You can do an internet search for time servers and

locate
> the ones nearest to you. The list will contain their addresses in the same
> format as the two I gave you. All you need to do is copy and paste the new
> ones into the registry. Go>start\run and type in regedit and click ok or

hit
> enter on your keyboard. Now navigate to the end of the following route by
> clicking the + beside the entries in the following order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/DateTime/Server
> Now click Servers to open it's keys in the right panel. You should see

the
> first two I gave you already there. Now you simply right click in a blank
> area then go new>String Value and give it a number. If you already have 1

and
> 2 then give it the number 3 and so on. You can create as many as you like.
> Then click a blank area to set the key. Then right click on the key and

click
> modify. In the lower line, paste the entry you copied from the list you

got
> during your internet search, or type in the address, then click a blank

area
> to set the value. Voila. You've just added a new time server to your list

and