Automatic Acceptance on Meetings

pbrock

      14th Apr 2004

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and wanted to know is there any way of makin
outlook automatically accept meetings and add them to a user's outloo
calendar. This behavior already occurs by default within Netscape mail
Outlook by default asks the person receiving the meeting the reques
whether they wish to make a tentative or normal booking, then adds i
to their calendar.

In summary, I would like to be able to send a meeting request i
Outlook 2003 to a number of users, and the meeting is automaticall
added to their calendar without any intervention from the user.

Cheer

G.

      14th Apr 2004
Go to Options-->Preferences--->Calendar Options--
>Resource Scheduling, and select "Automatically accept

meeting requests and process cancellations"

G.

way of making
>outlook automatically accept meetings and add them to a

user's outlook
>calendar. This behavior already occurs by default within

Netscape mail.
>Outlook by default asks the person receiving the meeting

the request
>whether they wish to make a tentative or normal booking,

then adds it
>to their calendar.
>
>In summary, I would like to be able to send a meeting

request in
>Outlook 2003 to a number of users, and the meeting is

automatically

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

Tarun Kripalani

      16th Apr 2004
Oddly, I have configured this option but I still have to view the
Meeting request before it shows up in my calendar. How do I force
Outlook 2003 to add the meeting to my calendar?

Thanks,

Tarun

"G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<1999c01c42226$f8e67150$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Go to Options-->Preferences--->Calendar Options--
> >Resource Scheduling, and select "Automatically accept

> meeting requests and process cancellations"
>

> G.

Ben M. Schorr - OneNote MVP

      16th Apr 2004
On 15 Apr 2004 15:22, (E-Mail Removed) (Tarun Kripalani) wrote:
>Oddly, I have configured this option but I still have to view the
>Meeting request before it shows up in my calendar. How do I force
>Outlook 2003 to add the meeting to my calendar?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tarun
>
>"G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<1999c01c42226$f8e67150$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>> Go to Options-->Preferences--->Calendar Options--
>> >Resource Scheduling, and select "Automatically accept

>> meeting requests and process cancellations"
>>
>> G.

Hmmm....it should do it automatically. Do you have Outlook set to automatically
process receipts and requests? (Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Tracking
Options). You might also just need to give it a little time. Sometimes
the request/receipt sits in the Inbox for a short bit before being processed.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr
http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschorr/MyBlog.aspx

**I apologize but I cannot respond to direct inquiries. Please post any
questions, answers or followups here in the newsgroups**

Tarun Kripalani

      13th May 2004
I checked the settings and I do have Outlook automatically processing
Requests and Receipts. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

On 12 May 2004 13:55, Tarun Kripalani wrote:
>I checked the settings and I do have Outlook automatically processing
>Requests and Receipts. Any other ideas?
>
>Thanks.

What about Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling.
Set it to automatically accept meeting requests.
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote

      13th May 2004
On 12 May 2004 13:55, Tarun Kripalani wrote:
>> On 15 Apr 2004 15:22, (E-Mail Removed) (Tarun Kripalani) wrote:
>> >Oddly, I have configured this option but I still have to view the
>> >Meeting request before it shows up in my calendar. How do I force
>> >Outlook 2003 to add the meeting to my calendar?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Tarun

Oh, sorry, I just noticed that you already have that set. Well, I don't
have any other good ideas at this point. Those things get processed as
part of a "scavenge" process that runs periodically when Outlook is idle.
My only guess is that for some reason that process isn't running properly
or that Outlook just isn't updating the calendar to reflect the change.

You might try doing a Help | Detect and Repair, but that's just a SWAG.