Automated email notices based on specific dates in Access

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlaWxhIEJyb3du?=

      23rd Jun 2006
I would like to have Access 2003 send me an email notice when a specific date
in a table is approaching. For instance, when the expiration of a lease
agreement is approaching. Is this possible and how would I do it?

Alex Dybenko

      24th Jun 2006
Hi,
I think you have to setup a hidden form with timer enabled (once in 5 mins
or so), and in timer event you have to check your table for desired dates,
if expiration approaching - then send an email using docmd.sendobject

--
Best regards,
___________

"Sheila Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to have Access 2003 send me an email notice when a specific
>date
> in a table is approaching. For instance, when the expiration of a lease
> agreement is approaching. Is this possible and how would I do it?

james.igoe@gmail.com

      24th Jun 2006

Here's a link from my website, the code adapted from someone else, that
I used to shutdown an Access database at a set time, but can easily be
used to send reports at a timed interval.

Times: http://code.comparative-advantage.co...hp?RecordID=73

Also, I have code on my site that can be used to generate Outlook
e-mails, as well as Excel files from queries and/or reports.

Outlook:
http://code.comparative-advantage.co...hp?RecordID=24

Excel export:
http://code.comparative-advantage.co...php?RecordID=8

James Igoe

(E-Mail Removed) || http://code.comparative-advantage.com

Alex Dybenko wrote:
> Hi,
> I think you have to setup a hidden form with timer enabled (once in 5 mins
> or so), and in timer event you have to check your table for desired dates,
> if expiration approaching - then send an email using docmd.sendobject
>
> --
> Best regards,
> ___________
> Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> http://alexdyb.blogspot.com
> http://www.PointLtd.com
>
> "Sheila Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I would like to have Access 2003 send me an email notice when a specific
> >date
> > in a table is approaching. For instance, when the expiration of a lease
> > agreement is approaching. Is this possible and how would I do it?

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlaWxhIEJyb3du?=

      24th Jun 2006
Thanks a bunch! You are a lifesaver!

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Here's a link from my website, the code adapted from someone else, that
> I used to shutdown an Access database at a set time, but can easily be
> used to send reports at a timed interval.
>
> Times: http://code.comparative-advantage.co...hp?RecordID=73
>
> Also, I have code on my site that can be used to generate Outlook
> e-mails, as well as Excel files from queries and/or reports.
>
> Outlook:
> http://code.comparative-advantage.co...hp?RecordID=24
>
> Excel export:
> http://code.comparative-advantage.co...php?RecordID=8
>

> James Igoe
>
> (E-Mail Removed) || http://code.comparative-advantage.com
>

> Alex Dybenko wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I think you have to setup a hidden form with timer enabled (once in 5 mins
> > or so), and in timer event you have to check your table for desired dates,
> > if expiration approaching - then send an email using docmd.sendobject
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > ___________
> > Alex Dybenko (MVP)
> > http://alexdyb.blogspot.com
> > http://www.PointLtd.com
> >
> > "Sheila Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I would like to have Access 2003 send me an email notice when a specific
> > >date
> > > in a table is approaching. For instance, when the expiration of a lease
> > > agreement is approaching. Is this possible and how would I do it?

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlaWxhIEJyb3du?=

      24th Jun 2006
Thank you, this helps a lot!