Automated Dial Up Setup

Mike

      28th Jul 2003
I'm trying to figure out a way to make the proccess of
setup are dial up accounts for are users in the field can
be done in a automated way. Currently we walk them
throught the Wizard in XP to make a dial up connection
but if there was a easyier way that would be great.

Sumit Chakravarty [MS]

      28th Jul 2003
Hi Mike,

The automated way is Microsoft's "managed RAS" solution, Connection Manager.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre...guy/cg0901.asp

(The CM binaries are already present on your Windows XP client machines.
CMAK is the tool needed to create CM connectoid packages.)

If you'd rather use a regular RAS connection, you can write an EXE to create
the connectoid using RAS APIs. I don't know of a tool for this but someone
on the NG may know of one.

Hope that helps,
Sumit

news:01ad01c35543$835ac680$(E-Mail Removed)...