Autofit to Contents in Tables

=?Utf-8?B?UlM=?=

      19th Sep 2007
Is there a way to turn off the "AutoFit to Contents" in Tables besides
setting a fixed cell width? When you click on "AutoFit to Contents" it turns
it on. In Microsoft Word there is a button for this option. I cannot find
one in Front Page.

I just want to confirm that I am not missing something obvious. I
appreciate any input.

Stefan B Rusynko

      19th Sep 2007
No
Html tables are always minimum widths, ruled by the content

"RS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Is there a way to turn off the "AutoFit to Contents" in Tables besides
| setting a fixed cell width? When you click on "AutoFit to Contents" it turns
| it on. In Microsoft Word there is a button for this option. I cannot find
| one in Front Page.
|
| I just want to confirm that I am not missing something obvious. I
| appreciate any input.

=?Utf-8?B?UlM=?=

      20th Sep 2007
Thank you.

"Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:

> No
> Html tables are always minimum widths, ruled by the content

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
>

> "RS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Is there a way to turn off the "AutoFit to Contents" in Tables besides
> | setting a fixed cell width? When you click on "AutoFit to Contents" it turns
> | it on. In Microsoft Word there is a button for this option. I cannot find
> | one in Front Page.
> |
> | I just want to confirm that I am not missing something obvious. I
> | appreciate any input.

kh

      11th Jan 2008
There is actually a way to turn it off. When your cursor is in the table, go
to the Table menu - Table Properties - click on Options on the Table Tab -
clear out the checkmark next to 'Automatically resize to fit contents'.
Unfortunately, there is not way to change this as the default that I've found.

Thanks.