Auto fill record with macro

jrrock26

      7th Jun 2010
I have some information on a form that I would like to auto fill everytime I
enter a part number. After the part number input I would then like a macro to
fill in the part name and standard cost boxes based on that part number. I
have a query that runs based off of a part number, to show standard cost and
part name, no I just need them to auto fill on the form.

Jeff Boyce

      9th Jun 2010
It sounds like you've already decided "how" ... here are a few
considerations...

If your form is 'bound' to a table (or a query), what you're proposing might
be making unnecessary duplicate values (more like a spreadsheet than a
database).

If you use a combobox to look up (valid) part numbers, you could have the
form display the relevant fields that belong with the selected part number,
rather than have to run your macro to insert values.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP