Auto-archive does not seem to work

wpher56

      27th Jan 2010
Hello
I'm trying to have Outlook permanently delete entries in an RSS feed,
through Auto-archive settings as described in this Microsoft link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...994601033.aspx. But nothing
happens, entries are not deleted, as if auto-archive would not even run. I
tried to repair Outlook, still no auto-archive.
pher

Roady [MVP]

      27th Jan 2010
Does it work when you archive manually?
Have you verified that the Modified Date of the item is indeed older than
the (relative) date set in AutoArchive?
Also see http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"wpher56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I'm trying to have Outlook permanently delete entries in an RSS feed,
> through Auto-archive settings as described in this Microsoft link:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...994601033.aspx. But nothing
> happens, entries are not deleted, as if auto-archive would not even run. I
> tried to repair Outlook, still no auto-archive.
> pher

wpher56

      27th Jan 2010
Thank you for answering.
No, it does not work, neither automatically nor manually. I see the message
Archiving ... All folders are up to date, but the entries are not deleted.
I checked everything from the web page at www.howto-outlook.com, still no
success.
pher

message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does it work when you archive manually?
> Have you verified that the Modified Date of the item is indeed older than
> the (relative) date set in AutoArchive?
> Also see http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/archivenotworking.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "wpher56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello
>> I'm trying to have Outlook permanently delete entries in an RSS feed,
>> through Auto-archive settings as described in this Microsoft link:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...994601033.aspx. But
>> nothing happens, entries are not deleted, as if auto-archive would not
>> even run. I tried to repair Outlook, still no auto-archive.
>> pher

Fuzzy Logic

      27th Jan 2010
"wpher56" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello
> I'm trying to have Outlook permanently delete entries in an RSS feed,
> through Auto-archive settings as described in this Microsoft link:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...994601033.aspx. But nothing
> happens, entries are not deleted, as if auto-archive would not even run. I
> tried to repair Outlook, still no auto-archive.
> pher

By default your Archive settings are not applied to any folders. You must select the "apply these settings to all
folders now" in the Archive settings (or apply them to specific folders).

VanguardLH

      27th Jan 2010
Fuzzy Logic wrote:

> wpher56 wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to have Outlook permanently delete entries in an RSS feed,
>> through Auto-archive settings as described in this Microsoft link:
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...994601033.aspx. But
>> nothing happens, entries are not deleted, as if auto-archive would not
>> even run. I tried to repair Outlook, still no auto-archive.

> By default your Archive settings are not applied to any folders. You must
> select the "apply these settings to all folders now" in the Archive
> settings (or apply them to specific folders).

Or right-click on a particular folder, select Properties, and enable the
auto-archive function on THAT folder. The above is if you want to apply
the same global settings to all folders. Considering this question is
about RSS feeds, and because news is much more time-sensitive than e-mails,
it is likely the OP wants the RSS feeds to expire at a much shorter
interval than for e-mails. You might want to delete e-mails after their 5
years old but the RSS feeds are probably of not much value to you after 5
days.