Audio Problem - SoundMax ADI1986A

Distortioned

      15th Dec 2006
Greetings,

Ive got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
pc doesnt play it at all.

In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
Definition Audio Device and its using the S/PDIF output.
Ive already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.

Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
and Ive got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
settings, but again without success.

Can anyone give me a hand...

Thanks

--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse

Richard G. Harper

      16th Dec 2006
Check with Soundman for updated drivers or for when they'll release final
drivers.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)

"Distortioned" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings,
>
> Ive got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
> aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
> pc doesnt play it at all.
>
> In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
> Definition Audio Device and its using the S/PDIF output.
> Ive already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
> etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.
>
> Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
> and Ive got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
> to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
> settings, but again without success.
>
> Can anyone give me a hand...
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
> author/report abuse
> Thread archive:
> http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/Audio...pict13153.html

=?Utf-8?B?RHVjazM=?=

      16th Dec 2006

"Distortioned" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I’ve got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
> aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
> pc doesn’t play it at all.
>
> In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
> Definition Audio Device and it’s using the S/PDIF output.
> I’ve already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
> etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.
>
> Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
> and I’ve got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
> to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
> settings, but again without success.
>
> Can anyone give me a hand...
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
> Thread archive: http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/Audio...pict13153.html
>
>I have a 1888 ADI Soundmax. Try this:

In control panel open Sound
Click Speakers
Click Properties
Click Custom tab
Uncheck both spdif boxes
Also click Levels tab and adjust.

Post if these options are available to you or not. Soundmax does not
supply drivers, they must be obtained from motherboard manufacturer.
Duck3

Rich

      5th Jan 2007
My Soundmax works if I plug external speakers in. I think its the laptop
speakers that are are not supported yet, rather than the sound card. Thats
NC6230 with AD1985 chipset.

Rich

"Duck3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Distortioned" wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I’ve got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
>> aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
>> pc doesn’t play it at all.
>>
>> In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
>> Definition Audio Device and it’s using the S/PDIF output.
>> I’ve already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
>> etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.
>>
>> Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
>> and I’ve got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
>> to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
>> settings, but again without success.
>>
>> Can anyone give me a hand...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
>> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
>> author/report abuse
>> Thread archive:
>> http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/Audio...pict13153.html
>>
>>I have a 1888 ADI Soundmax. Try this:

> In control panel open Sound
> Click Speakers
> Click Properties
> Click Custom tab
> Uncheck both spdif boxes
> Also click Levels tab and adjust.
>
> Post if these options are available to you or not. Soundmax does not
> supply drivers, they must be obtained from motherboard manufacturer.
> Duck3

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbg==?=

      5th Feb 2007
I've also problem with the chipset AD1895. When using SPDIF output I get only
2 channels played. I tried everything and can't get all 6 chanells out. When
checking Media Player MCE and Cyberlink, none of them has SPDIF option to
select, which means that the drivers that are installed by Vista don't have
that support and I can't find where it needs to be changed. Does anybody else
know how to fix this in Vista?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

"Rich" wrote:

> My Soundmax works if I plug external speakers in. I think its the laptop
> speakers that are are not supported yet, rather than the sound card. Thats
> NC6230 with AD1985 chipset.
>
> Rich
>
> "Duck3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > "Distortioned" wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> I’ve got a SoundMax ADI1986A, windows vista recognizes the device and
> >> aparantely is well configured, but when I playback some music it, the
> >> pc doesn’t play it at all.
> >>
> >> In the device manager my audio device apears like this: High
> >> Definition Audio Device and it’s using the S/PDIF output.
> >> I’ve already try to install diferent drivers, change the settings,
> >> etc, but I still have no sound despite the sound meter shows activity.
> >>
> >> Maybe the problem is the S/PDIF output, because my speakers are analog
> >> and I’ve got them connected to the pc in the line-out port. I also try
> >> to find some way to change from S/PDIF to analog output in the device
> >> settings, but again without success.
> >>
> >> Can anyone give me a hand...
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> --
> >> Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface
> >> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
> >> author/report abuse
> >> Thread archive:
> >> http://www.WinForumz.com/vista/Audio...pict13153.html
> >>
> >>I have a 1888 ADI Soundmax. Try this:

> > In control panel open Sound
> > Click Speakers
> > Click Properties
> > Click Custom tab
> > Uncheck both spdif boxes
> > Also click Levels tab and adjust.
> >
> > Post if these options are available to you or not. Soundmax does not
> > supply drivers, they must be obtained from motherboard manufacturer.
> > Duck3

Tony

      7th Feb 2007
For people who have AD1986a soundMax,
You can download this driver for vista.
ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Drive...6100_Vista.zip

This driver is designed for ad1986a, so everything works just like the xp
driver. But it doesn't have a control panel. Works for SPIDF, front mic or
back mic input selection.