ATX power supply

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

      16th Feb 2005
Hi:
I need to buy ATX power supply with a 24 pin motherboard connection and SATA
ready, I do not wish to use the 20/24 adapter cable.
I am installing a Intel motherboard (D925XECV2) hopefully someone can give
me some good information because I do not want to fry the motherboard before
I get started.

TIA

John
--
John

Bob I

      16th Feb 2005
www.google.com

http://www.directron.com/24pinpsu.html

John wrote:

> Hi:
> I need to buy ATX power supply with a 24 pin motherboard connection and SATA
> ready, I do not wish to use the 20/24 adapter cable.
> I am installing a Intel motherboard (D925XECV2) hopefully someone can give
> me some good information because I do not want to fry the motherboard before
> I get started.
>
> TIA
>
> John

David Hollway [MVP]

      16th Feb 2005
Also..

www.formfactors.org

has a listing of ATX v2.x compatible PSUs.

"Bob I" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> www.google.com
>
> http://www.directron.com/24pinpsu.html
>
> John wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>> I need to buy ATX power supply with a 24 pin motherboard connection and
>> SATA ready, I do not wish to use the 20/24 adapter cable.
>> I am installing a Intel motherboard (D925XECV2) hopefully someone can
>> give me some good information because I do not want to fry the
>> motherboard before I get started.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> John

peter

      17th Feb 2005
Any good reputable 24pin power supply will run your system.
But there are other things to consider.Every component in your system needs
power and each draws it from a certain line..+3.3,+5.00,+12.0 line.Your job
is to make sure that the power supplied by those lines meet the requirement
of the device attached to that line plus add for future expansion.Nowadays
the req. are :the 3.3 line should be able to output 28amps,the +5.00 line
28amps and the +12.0 line no less than 22amps.
Good PSU are never cheap and cheap PSU are never good.
Your whole system depends upon this power.A few Good names are
ANTEC,Enermax,OCZ,Seasonic.There are more and as you research your
requirements remember the famous words of "Tim the Tool Man"....you can
never have enough power.
peter
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi:
> I need to buy ATX power supply with a 24 pin motherboard connection and
> SATA
> ready, I do not wish to use the 20/24 adapter cable.
> I am installing a Intel motherboard (D925XECV2) hopefully someone can give
> me some good information because I do not want to fry the motherboard
> before
> I get started.
>
> TIA
>
> John
> --
> John

=?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=

      17th Feb 2005
You may find that it is a whole lot simpler just to buy a new case with the
PSU included. Leave the old case and Mobo together and put the new Mobo in a
new case.

You really get the feeling of a new computer as well.

"peter" wrote:

> Any good reputable 24pin power supply will run your system.
> But there are other things to consider.Every component in your system needs
> power and each draws it from a certain line..+3.3,+5.00,+12.0 line.Your job
> is to make sure that the power supplied by those lines meet the requirement
> of the device attached to that line plus add for future expansion.Nowadays
> the req. are :the 3.3 line should be able to output 28amps,the +5.00 line
> 28amps and the +12.0 line no less than 22amps.
> Good PSU are never cheap and cheap PSU are never good.
> Your whole system depends upon this power.A few Good names are
> ANTEC,Enermax,OCZ,Seasonic.There are more and as you research your
> requirements remember the famous words of "Tim the Tool Man"....you can
> never have enough power.
> peter
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi:
> > I need to buy ATX power supply with a 24 pin motherboard connection and
> > SATA
> > ready, I do not wish to use the 20/24 adapter cable.
> > I am installing a Intel motherboard (D925XECV2) hopefully someone can give
> > me some good information because I do not want to fry the motherboard
> > before
> > I get started.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > John
> > --
> > John

BBUNNY

      19th Feb 2005
John wrote:
| Hi:
| I need to buy ATX power supply with a 24 pin motherboard connection
| and SATA ready, I do not wish to use the 20/24 adapter cable.
| I am installing a Intel motherboard (D925XECV2) hopefully someone can
| give me some good information because I do not want to fry the
| motherboard before I get started.
|
| TIA
|
| John

Here is a start.
http://www.antec.com/specs/true550EPS12V_spe.html

BBUNNY

      19th Feb 2005

Very few cases come with a 24pin power source.