Attention: Out of Range H:89.9kHz V:59.9Hz

hueycha tew

      13th Sep 2004
Hi, Good day...
I'm using Windows XP Proffessional, when I start up my PC, It prompt me the
message "Attention: Out of Range. H:89.9kHz V:59.9Hz". I have no idea about
this. Can somebody help me? Your Kindness is much appreaciated. Thank you
very much...

best regards,
THC

Ron Martell

      13th Sep 2004
"hueycha tew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, Good day...
>I'm using Windows XP Proffessional, when I start up my PC, It prompt me the
>message "Attention: Out of Range. H:89.9kHz V:59.9Hz". I have no idea about
>this. Can somebody help me? Your Kindness is much appreaciated. Thank you
>very much...

Your computer's video settings have been changed to values that are
outside the capabilities of your monitor and it therefore cannot
display the image.

Boot the computer into Safe Mode and then open Control Panel -
Display. Go to the Settings tab and click on the Apply button to
apply the Safe Mode values for a normal startup.

Shut down and restart the computer normally. Your error message
should now be gone but you may want to change the display settings to
something a bit better than the 800 x 600 256 colour values used in
Safe Mode. Just make sure that the values you choose are within the
capabilities of your monitor. Check the user manual that came with
the monitor or get the information from the monitor manufacturer's web
site.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Ramesh [MVP]

      13th Sep 2004
Hi THC,

Start Windows XP in VGA Mode or in Safe Mode and reset the Refresh rate
setting to the accepted values (see the Monitor user guide for the supported
values).

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP

Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"hueycha tew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi, Good day...
I'm using Windows XP Proffessional, when I start up my PC, It prompt me the
message "Attention: Out of Range. H:89.9kHz V:59.9Hz". I have no idea about
this. Can somebody help me? Your Kindness is much appreaciated. Thank you
very much...

best regards,
THC

New Member
Location: Mongar, BHUTAN

      22nd Jun 2006
hi

this sometime happen due to high refresh rate but frist make sure your monitor

is plugged in nicely.
Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueycha tew