attach an Excel 2007 template

Michelle

      4th May 2009
We
We are exporting data into Excel in CSV format. I would like to create a
template in Excel which can then be applied to the CSV file when I open it.
I can create an Excel template which contains the formatting required, but
don't how to, or if I can attach this template to a spreadsheet.

Suggestions welcome,
--
Michelle

Sheeloo

      4th May 2009
Choose SAVE AS -> Excel Tempalte (xltx) format if your workbook does not
contain macros or Excel Template with Macros (xltm)...

Then when you want to create a new workbook,
Choose Excel Button-> New -> My Tempaltes then pick your template

"Michelle" wrote:

> We
> We are exporting data into Excel in CSV format. I would like to create a
> template in Excel which can then be applied to the CSV file when I open it.
> I can create an Excel template which contains the formatting required, but
> don't how to, or if I can attach this template to a spreadsheet.
>
> Suggestions welcome,
> --
> Michelle

Michelle

      4th May 2009
Thanks for your suggestion, but I obviously didn't explain correctly.

I do know how to create a template and apply to a new workbook, but what I
want to do is to apply a template to an existing workbook (ie the imported
CSV file). To complicate things, the imported data may not always have the
same number of columns and rows.

Hope this makes more sense.
--
Michelle

"Sheeloo" wrote:

> Choose SAVE AS -> Excel Tempalte (xltx) format if your workbook does not
> contain macros or Excel Template with Macros (xltm)...
>
> Then when you want to create a new workbook,
> Choose Excel Button-> New -> My Tempaltes then pick your template
>
> "Michelle" wrote:
>
> > We
> > We are exporting data into Excel in CSV format. I would like to create a
> > template in Excel which can then be applied to the CSV file when I open it.
> > I can create an Excel template which contains the formatting required, but
> > don't how to, or if I can attach this template to a spreadsheet.
> >
> > Suggestions welcome,
> > --
> > Michelle

Sheeloo

      4th May 2009
Press CTRL-A to selece the source worksheet.
Press CTRL-c
Go to the worksheet you want to fomrat
Select cell A1
Choose EDIT -> PASTE SPECIAL
Choose FORMATS and click OK

"Michelle" wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion, but I obviously didn't explain correctly.
>
> I do know how to create a template and apply to a new workbook, but what I
> want to do is to apply a template to an existing workbook (ie the imported
> CSV file). To complicate things, the imported data may not always have the
> same number of columns and rows.
>
> Hope this makes more sense.
> --
> Michelle
>

> "Sheeloo" wrote:
>
> > Choose SAVE AS -> Excel Tempalte (xltx) format if your workbook does not
> > contain macros or Excel Template with Macros (xltm)...
> >
> > Then when you want to create a new workbook,
> > Choose Excel Button-> New -> My Tempaltes then pick your template
> >
> > "Michelle" wrote:
> >
> > > We
> > > We are exporting data into Excel in CSV format. I would like to create a
> > > template in Excel which can then be applied to the CSV file when I open it.
> > > I can create an Excel template which contains the formatting required, but
> > > don't how to, or if I can attach this template to a spreadsheet.
> > >
> > > Suggestions welcome,
> > > --
> > > Michelle

Michelle

      4th May 2009
Thanks for that suggestion.

It works works partly - still have to adjust column widths, and the data
imported is not always the same number of columns and rows, so that part
doesn't work too well....
--
Michelle

"Sheeloo" wrote:

> Press CTRL-A to selece the source worksheet.
> Press CTRL-c
> Go to the worksheet you want to fomrat
> Select cell A1
> Choose EDIT -> PASTE SPECIAL
> Choose FORMATS and click OK
>
> "Michelle" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your suggestion, but I obviously didn't explain correctly.
> >
> > I do know how to create a template and apply to a new workbook, but what I
> > want to do is to apply a template to an existing workbook (ie the imported
> > CSV file). To complicate things, the imported data may not always have the
> > same number of columns and rows.
> >
> > Hope this makes more sense.
> > --
> > Michelle
> >

> > "Sheeloo" wrote:
> >
> > > Choose SAVE AS -> Excel Tempalte (xltx) format if your workbook does not
> > > contain macros or Excel Template with Macros (xltm)...
> > >
> > > Then when you want to create a new workbook,
> > > Choose Excel Button-> New -> My Tempaltes then pick your template

Sheeloo

      4th May 2009
Format the source for maximum columns expected...
Or you can select one col in source and paste special over as many columns
as you want.
Play around with it a little and you will get the hang of it.