ATIPTAXX.EXE

Wookie

      30th Apr 2004
Hey,
The ATI control panel (ATIPTAXX.exe) is being loaded at startup. Is there
any harm if I disable this in MSCONFIG. Will everything run all right?

Thanks

Asestar

      1st May 2004
Just do it. It is probably the hot-key app, no one uses them.

"Wookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hey,
> The ATI control panel (ATIPTAXX.exe) is being loaded at startup. Is

there
> any harm if I disable this in MSCONFIG. Will everything run all right?
>
> Thanks

Kill Bill

      1st May 2004

"Wookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hey,
> The ATI control panel (ATIPTAXX.exe) is being loaded at startup. Is

there
> any harm if I disable this in MSCONFIG. Will everything run all right?
>
> Thanks

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...s/tasklist.htm

Wookie

      1st May 2004
Thanks ... I found this same site after I posted this .... I disabled it. I
also downloaded the trila version of the ultimate trouble shooter ... kinda
nice. Don't know If I'm going to pay for it or not though.

"Kill Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:W2Dkc.10777$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Wookie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> > The ATI control panel (ATIPTAXX.exe) is being loaded at startup. Is

> there
> > any harm if I disable this in MSCONFIG. Will everything run all right?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...s/tasklist.htm

Bill

      1st May 2004
I havent tried recently but I disabled this thing a while back and lost my
over clocking tab in the control panel on my 9600XT.

Lets know if anything like this happens now.
using 4.4 on 9600XT

Bill