ATI XPRESS 200M - display 'settings' window keeps popping up

=?Utf-8?B?YWNocmlzdG8=?=

      21st Sep 2006
Hi All,

Anyone know why the display settings window would keep popping up? It pops
up everytime I reboot or boot.

Fix?

Thanks,
Alan

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9ybSBHcmFjZQ==?=

      29th Sep 2006
Hello,

I am having the same problem on a Dell Inspiron 6000 w/ATI Mobility X300.
The problem started when I installed the latest ATI Vista driver for the
X300. It seems to work fine other than that. I will let you know if I find
an answer.
--
Norm G

"achristo" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone know why the display settings window would keep popping up? It pops
> up everytime I reboot or boot.
>
> Fix?
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFfVmlldw==?=

      2nd Nov 2006
I Don't think it happens with the Standard drivers installed by Windoiws it
only seems to be happening when 3rd Part drivers such as ATI's Vista Drivers
or Driver by OMEGA are installed.

"Norm Grace" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having the same problem on a Dell Inspiron 6000 w/ATI Mobility X300.
> The problem started when I installed the latest ATI Vista driver for the
> X300. It seems to work fine other than that. I will let you know if I find
> an answer.
> --
> Norm G
>

> "achristo" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Anyone know why the display settings window would keep popping up? It pops
> > up everytime I reboot or boot.
> >
> > Fix?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alan

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbi1EZWFu?=

      2nd Nov 2006
Hi,

I believe it's a "run once" flaw in in the ATI Display Driver
setup/installation (the one from ATI's website). If you just X out the
Display Settings' window, it seems to keep coming back. Rather than do that
the next time it occurs, make some temporary change to a setting in the
window, so that the Apply button is no longer grayed out, then switch your
change back to the way it was, and then click Apply > OK. (E.g., change the
color from 32 bit to 16 bit, and then back to 32 bit.) This should give the
ATI Control Panel what it wants, and put an end to that window popping up at
boot.

Hope this helps,
Dean