Asus P5P800 Problem?

BobbyRooney

      6th Nov 2004
I purschased this board a week ago and i am having problems booting,

Maxtor Sata connected to sata1 (it is the 10 version not 9)

configuration on primary ide
Liteon dvd rom (master) Pioneer 107d dvd writer on slave.

no connections on secondary ide.

I have checked the boot up sequence in the bios and it is

1. Maxtor
2. Liteon

Now when i boot it hangs after the bios screen asking for a boot disk, i
have installed XPsp2 (clean install) it either boots or not and the bios
keeps loosing the sata drive ie no mention in the bios.
i have not enabled any overclocking settings at all.

Can anyone shed any light on this, thanks for now.

Bobby

Steve S

      18th Nov 2004
I had a problem similar to this, bios kept losing the drive.
I checked the 12v line and it was at 10v and dropped with load.
Try to disconnect all non essential components and see if it will boot
further.