Asus A7M266 impossible upgrade bios with duron 1100

Enrico

      2nd Dec 2005
Becouse the mobo (i think) is setting deault for Duron up 700 and in
board there is a Duron 1100
So mobo has a exception: mb in safe mode and floppy goes in err. 40.
I know there is a key command in the POST time to disable check Duron
What is it?
Onother idea?
Tk so lot

Ps changed mobo K7s5a with asus (2 hd lost too)
Ps2 with a Duron 750 (or 700 600 etc) i succed in but have'nt

mrapathy

      9th Dec 2005
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:37:48 -0800, Enrico wrote:

> Becouse the mobo (i think) is setting deault for Duron up 700 and in
> board there is a Duron 1100
> So mobo has a exception: mb in safe mode and floppy goes in err. 40.
> I know there is a key command in the POST time to disable check Duron
> What is it?
> Onother idea?
> Tk so lot
>
> Ps changed mobo K7s5a with asus (2 hd lost too)
> Ps2 with a Duron 750 (or 700 600 etc) i succed in but have'nt

no idea what your talking bout.

if your board is jumperless go into bios and change the cpu setting to
what the cpu is rated for ie multiplier and fsb.

that board should take a duron 1.4ghz np I am on a A7V which is a 100mhz
fsb. your board should go up to duron 1.6-1.8ghz or athlon that does
266fsb.

my bios has no problems with duron 1.3 and the board is good year if not
two older than yours

milleron

      9th Dec 2005
On 2 Dec 2005 07:37:48 -0800, "Enrico" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Becouse the mobo (i think) is setting deault for Duron up 700 and in
>board there is a Duron 1100
>So mobo has a exception: mb in safe mode and floppy goes in err. 40.
>I know there is a key command in the POST time to disable check Duron
>What is it?
>Onother idea?
>Tk so lot
>
>Ps changed mobo K7s5a with asus (2 hd lost too)
>Ps2 with a Duron 750 (or 700 600 etc) i succed in but have'nt

Are you saying that your current BIOS version is not compatible with
the Duron 1100 CPU?
If that's the case, you have no option but to replace the new
processor with the old one, flash to the latest BIOS (1007, I think),
and then switch to your Duron 1100.
If I misunderstood the problem, disregard, but I hope you get this
worked out because the A7M266 is sure a good motherboard.

Ron

ByTor

      9th Dec 2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, millerdot90
@SPAMLESSosu.edu, milleron says...
> On 2 Dec 2005 07:37:48 -0800, "Enrico" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Becouse the mobo (i think) is setting deault for Duron up 700 and in
> >board there is a Duron 1100
> >So mobo has a exception: mb in safe mode and floppy goes in err. 40.
> >I know there is a key command in the POST time to disable check Duron
> >What is it?
> >Onother idea?
> >Tk so lot
> >
> >Ps changed mobo K7s5a with asus (2 hd lost too)
> >Ps2 with a Duron 750 (or 700 600 etc) i succed in but have'nt

> Are you saying that your current BIOS version is not compatible with
> the Duron 1100 CPU?
> If that's the case, you have no option but to replace the new
> processor with the old one, flash to the latest BIOS (1007, I think),
> and then switch to your Duron 1100.
> If I misunderstood the problem, disregard, but I hope you get this
> worked out because the A7M266 is sure a good motherboard.
>
> Ron

Tis what I had to do exactly with my A7M266 to take an Athlon XP 1.4ghz
proc.......Worked great......

You're correct, GREAT board and it's still kickin'.......... ;0)
The Tobes of Hades, lit by flickering torchlight
The netherworld is gathered in the glare
Prince By-Tor takes the cavern to the north light
The sign of Eth is rising in the air.
By-Tor, knight of darkness,
Centurion of evil, devil's prince.

http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/