Assign IP address to VPN users.

Arnold

      23rd Dec 2003
I am new to VPN.

I have DHCP server running handing out IP addresses. I also have a VPN
server that gets IP addresses and then hands them out to remote users.

How do I monitor VPN clients with certain IP addresses.

Here is the problem...

I have users that login from home, some of them do not update there
antivirus and causes problem on are network. I would like to be able to look
at a log and find the users that was asigned the IP address. But when a
users logs off and then log back on he recieves a differant IP address. I
also would like to monitor there activities, and bring it back to the right
user. Is their a way to do this?

Thanks
Arnold

Srinidhi Viswanatha [MS]

      26th Dec 2003
Hi Arnold,

Once you configure the Remote Access Logging you can look at the logs to get
following information.
'User-Name'
- The user identity, as specified by the user
'Framed-IP-Address'
- The framed address to be configured for the user, this may
change when user logs off and logs back.
'Tunnel-Client-Endpt'
- The IP address of the tunnel client, i.e. ip address of the
machine from which the connection request originated
'Calling-Station-ID'
- The phone number from which the call originated/ ip address of
machine from which the connection request originated

for more info see
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre..._ias_log2a.asp

Thanks
Srinidhi
Disclaimer:This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
specified at

news:(E-Mail Removed)...