asp.net application to offline mode?

=?Utf-8?B?Tmt0?=

      28th Sep 2004

Hello,

We have asp.net application. Now we need to have the same functionality but
in the offline mode. There are several options we are lookig at:

1. most obvious - write a windows app with local DB and synchronisation.
instead of synch one can advise using offline application block and use
services base architecture.

2. use existing Web app on the local PC - use local IIS, istall MSDE and use
local database. configure replication process and design small windows app to
allow control of replication process and switch between online/offfline modes.

What would be your comments/suggestions/advise on our problem and possible
solutions. Any input is gratly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nkt

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

      28th Sep 2004
You can actually run ASP.NET page locally without a Web server at all. You
could literally ship everything on a CD.

Here's an article on how to do it:

Host ASP.NET Applications
Leverage the System.Web.Hosting classes to serve up your own ASP.NET
applications.

http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/2002_10...t/default.aspx

Let us know how you make out?

Ken

"Nkt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello,
>
> We have asp.net application. Now we need to have the same functionality
> but
> in the offline mode. There are several options we are lookig at:
>
> 1. most obvious - write a windows app with local DB and synchronisation.
> instead of synch one can advise using offline application block and use
> services base architecture.
>
> 2. use existing Web app on the local PC - use local IIS, istall MSDE and
> use
> local database. configure replication process and design small windows app
> allow control of replication process and switch between online/offfline
> modes.
>
> What would be your comments/suggestions/advise on our problem and possible
> solutions. Any input is gratly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nkt

wl

      28th Sep 2004