Ashampoo - any good?

om.newsgroup@gmail.com

      1st Mar 2005
Can someone tell me if Ashampoo is any good?
Is it worth getting?
I've tried it on some other systems, and it doesn't seem to be that
good.
Lots of files and icons are left over from old programs.

Are there any other alternatives?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OM

      1st Mar 2005

I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.

You didn't mention what brand you use . . .

MIke

      1st Mar 2005

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
> and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.
>
> You didn't mention what brand you use . . .
> STUPID ASS! The guy asked a simple question!~

> >Can someone tell me if Ashampoo is any good?
> >Is it worth getting?
> >I've tried it on some other systems, and it doesn't seem

> to be that
> >good.
> >Lots of files and icons are left over from old programs.
> >
> >Are there any other alternatives?
> >
> >Any feedback would be appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> >OM
> >
> >.

Colin Barnhorst

      1st Mar 2005
Ashampoo is fine. But why do you need it? What issues do you hope to
address?

What is better is judicious use of the same XP tools such as Disk Cleanup,
etc. A good site for maintenance info is: http://aumha.org/win5/

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me if Ashampoo is any good?
> Is it worth getting?
> I've tried it on some other systems, and it doesn't seem to be that
> good.
> Lots of files and icons are left over from old programs.
>
> Are there any other alternatives?
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

Michael Stevens

      1st Mar 2005
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
MIke <(E-Mail Removed)> respectfully replied ;-)
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
>> and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.
>>
>> You didn't mention what brand you use . . .
>> STUPID ASS! The guy asked a simple question!~

A little humor impaired aren't you Mike? 8-)
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
(E-Mail Removed)

      1st Mar 2005

Exactly right Michael. Plus the fact that Mr. OM didn't
bother to mention 1) What problems he is having, 2) What
the product Ashampoo is designed to address, 3) How much
it costs, 4) What type of system he has, 5) etc.

In addition, the poster seems to me to have answered his
own question, i.e.
>>> it doesn't seem to be that good.

programs.

Sheesh !

htm

      1st Mar 2005

The poster clearly states that ANY feedback would be
appreciated . . . lighten up, Mike !

Ad

      1st Mar 2005
MIke wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I shampoo my hair every day and it really adds a luster
>>and beauty that I just love. It leaves my hair so silky.
>>
>>You didn't mention what brand you use . . .
>>STUPID ASS! The guy asked a simple question!~

I thought it was funny, makes a change to have a laugh in here :-)

Anyway, back to the problem, the guy did not say what Ashampoo, since
they make a lot of software.

Richard Urban

      1st Mar 2005
You ask if Ashampoo is any good. You then state that you tried it and it
doesn't seem so good.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? Don't you learn from experience?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me if Ashampoo is any good?
> Is it worth getting?
> I've tried it on some other systems, and it doesn't seem to be that
> good.
> Lots of files and icons are left over from old programs.
>
> Are there any other alternatives?
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

om.newsgroup@gmail.com

      1st Mar 2005
gawd! some of u lot r a bit sensitive! : )

ashampoo - i was referring to the uninstaller.
allegedly, it gets rid of ALL changes left by a setup program.
it takes a snashot of ur system before install and after install.
then... when you run it to uninstall the application, you can be rest
assured that ALL bits have been removed, like hidden registry entries.

i've tried it... and it seems ok.
but... i just wanted to know if there were any alternatives?

thanks.