Appropriate Privileges on this machine.

=?Utf-8?B?YnJ5YnJ5Mg==?=

      18th Jun 2006
I am installing a .msi program. I get a message "1. Failed to install
ISKernel Files. Make sure you have appropriate privileges on this machine".
I am setup as admin. Is there another way of getting this program to load.
Is it my internet modem from Sprint PCS. Sprint PCS Connection Manager
Installer program.

Bryan

Conor

      18th Jun 2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
brybry2 says...
> I am installing a .msi program. I get a message "1. Failed to install
> ISKernel Files. Make sure you have appropriate privileges on this machine".
> I am setup as admin. Is there another way of getting this program to load.
> Is it my internet modem from Sprint PCS. Sprint PCS Connection Manager
> Installer program.

If they're not drivers that support Vista, it's a good bet.

--
Conor
Grumpy Old Man

=?Utf-8?B?YnJ5YnJ5Mg==?=

      18th Jun 2006
Thanks Conor,

That's what I was afraid of but with appropriate privileges I was hoping for
a different response.

Thanks again

Bryan

"Conor" wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> brybry2 says...
> > I am installing a .msi program. I get a message "1. Failed to install
> > ISKernel Files. Make sure you have appropriate privileges on this machine".
> > I am setup as admin. Is there another way of getting this program to load.
> > Is it my internet modem from Sprint PCS. Sprint PCS Connection Manager
> > Installer program.
> >

> If they're not drivers that support Vista, it's a good bet.
>

> --
> Conor
> Grumpy Old Man
> Same ****, Different Day.

Colin Barnhorst

      18th Jun 2006
Elevate the permissions or try compatibility mode. Not that I am sure that
will do the trick, but hope it does.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...