The application requires that assembly office Version 12.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.

Bill Nguyen

      29th May 2008

I installed Web Expression to my development PC . A new VS 2005 application
build on our terminal server gave me this error msg:

*Unable to install or run the application.
The application requires that assembly office Version 12.0.0.0 be installed
in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.
Please contact your system administrator*

How can I remove the requirements (or solve the problem) on client PC's /
server?

Thanks

Bill

Bill McCarthy

      30th May 2008
It shouldn't require that unless you have a reference to Office in your
application. Check your project's references.

"Bill Nguyen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I installed Web Expression to my development PC . A new VS 2005
> application build on our terminal server gave me this error msg:
>
> *Unable to install or run the application.
> The application requires that assembly office Version 12.0.0.0 be
> installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.
> Please contact your system administrator*
>
> How can I remove the requirements (or solve the problem) on client PC's /
> server?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Bill Nguyen

      30th May 2008
Bill;
I have reference in the app but it's Office 11!
At the end, I had to install PIA 2007 on the terminal server to get it
work.

Thanks

Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed)...