Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba.

=?Utf-8?B?c3VueGVy?=

      5th Jun 2006
The start WD report "Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A problem
caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service,restart your
computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually."

Aside, system log report service stop,because system not find appointed file

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      5th Jun 2006
Hello sunxer,

Have a look at this article.It may be relevant to your problem.

Subject: Windows Defender auto-update didn't
5/9/2006 12:14 PM PST
By: Jerry Vaughn
In: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general

If you are using the Web Interface to view this forum.

Type your error code 0x800106ba into the Search box and choose either
group or the General Discussion grºup.

You will see more posts with the same error code, you will see what I meªn.

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl
--
"sunxer" wrote:

> The start WD report "Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A problem
> caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service,restart your
> computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually."
>
> Aside, system log report service stop,because system not find appointed file

Richard Zeller

      9th Jun 2006
Okay, since I had this problem and all anyone says is "go search the http
threads for this...." yadda yadda...

I had uninstalled Client for Microsoft Networks. That's apparently a big
no-no. If you're getting this error starting the WIndows Defender service,
make sure you install the Client for Microsoft Networks. That fixed it for
me....

"sunxer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The start WD report "Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A

problem
> caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service,restart your
> computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually."
>
> Aside, system log report service stop,because system not find appointed

file

=?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9zdG9u?=

      31st Dec 2006
getting error message right after updating media player to 11 did all
recommended actions in posts now it says "license has expired" what now ?

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello sunxer,
>
> Have a look at this article.It may be relevant to your problem.
>
> Subject: Windows Defender auto-update didn't
> 5/9/2006 12:14 PM PST
> By: Jerry Vaughn
> In: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general
>
> If you are using the Web Interface to view this forum.
>
> Type your error code 0x800106ba into the Search box and choose either
> group or the General Discussion grºup.
>
> You will see more posts with the same error code, you will see what I meªn.
>
> For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Еиçеl
> --
> "sunxer" wrote:
>
> > The start WD report "Application failed to initialize:0x800106ba. A problem
> > caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service,restart your
> > computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually."
> >
> > Aside, system log report service stop,because system not find appointed file

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

      15th Jan 2007
If you connect via dial-up or USB connection to a DSL/cable modem, and have
no home network, the Client for Microsoft Networks is of little value or
interest for you.

If you do have a home network, or connect to the internet via an Ethernet
cable, it may be necessary to have this, but not for Windows Defender. But
to install the client, go to your Control Panel, switch to Classic view if
necessary, go to Network Connections. On your Local Area Connection icon,
right-click, hit Properties. Hit Add, then Client, you should be able to add
Client for Microsoft Networks from there.

To solve the Windows Defender error, just download & install the latest
Defender over top of your older version from the Microsoft website - DO NOT
uninstall it first, or uninstall and re-install from your old backup of the
"Windows Defender.msi" installer file. The Beta versions have licenses that
have expired based on the date/time in the clock on your system tray
(bottom-right corner), which by now, if your date/time is accurate, is past
the date the Betas were meant to survive until, if the rash of these errors
on the 'net is any indication.