AoE 3 MSXML 4.0 error

=?Utf-8?B?bWlzaGthbTA3?=

      12th Mar 2007
I have no trouble installing the game. But every time I try to run it, I get
an error message saying " MSXML 4.0 is not installed correctly. It is
required to run the game." I've been to the microsoft site and tried what
they say, but I cnt seem to figure it out at all. I'm running it on Windows
XP and i meet at least minimum requirements with everything else. I don't
know what else to do, so if someone could please help me with this, I would
be extremely grateful.

Jimmy S.

      13th Mar 2007
Hi mishkam07,

Try installing MS XML SP2 directly from Microsoft:

Before you install it however, you might want to check
your add-remove programs menu to uninstall any previous
version(s) which may cause or be causing this conflict.

--
Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*

Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: www.msce.mvps.org

mishkam07 Wrote:
=================
| I have no trouble installing the game. But every time I try to run it, I get
| an error message saying " MSXML 4.0 is not installed correctly. It is
| required to run the game." I've been to the microsoft site and tried what
| they say, but I cnt seem to figure it out at all. I'm running it on Windows
| XP and i meet at least minimum requirements with everything else. I don't
| know what else to do, so if someone could please help me with this, I would
| be extremely grateful.

=?Utf-8?B?bWlzaGthbTA3?=

      15th Mar 2007
I tried to do that and I am still having difficulties. I deleted what I
believed to be all of the previous info, but I am not entirely sure. I don't
know if there is a specific way to uninstall everything or not. I'm not
exactly the best when it comes to computers, and I'm not sure of all the
steps to get it done. If you can try to help with a walkthrough of some sort
or anything else that may help my problem, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi mishkam07,
>
> Try installing MS XML SP2 directly from Microsoft:
>
> Before you install it however, you might want to check
> your add-remove programs menu to uninstall any previous
> version(s) which may cause or be causing this conflict.
>
> --
> Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*
>
> Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: www.msce.mvps.org
> MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
>
> mishkam07 Wrote:
> =================
> | I have no trouble installing the game. But every time I try to run it, I get
> | an error message saying " MSXML 4.0 is not installed correctly. It is
> | required to run the game." I've been to the microsoft site and tried what
> | they say, but I cnt seem to figure it out at all. I'm running it on Windows
> | XP and i meet at least minimum requirements with everything else. I don't
> | know what else to do, so if someone could please help me with this, I would
> | be extremely grateful.

Jimmy S.

      15th Mar 2007
Hi mishkam07,

To make sure you have uninstalled MSXML:

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add-Remove Programs
2. Select any MSXML items listed and click Remove.

--

mishkam07 Wrote:
=================
| I tried to do that and I am still having difficulties. I deleted what I
| believed to be all of the previous info, but I am not entirely sure. I don't
| know if there is a specific way to uninstall everything or not. I'm not
| exactly the best when it comes to computers, and I'm not sure of all the
| steps to get it done. If you can try to help with a walkthrough of some sort
| or anything else that may help my problem, I would greatly appreciate it.
| Thanks
|
| "Jimmy S." wrote:
|
|| Hi mishkam07,
|| Try installing MS XML SP2 directly from Microsoft:
|| http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
|| Before you install it however, you might want to check
|| your add-remove programs menu to uninstall any previous
|| version(s) which may cause or be causing this conflict.
|| --
|| Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*
|| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|| Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: www.msce.mvps.org
|| MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
|| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
|| _________________________________________________________
|| mishkam07 Wrote:
|| =================
||| I have no trouble installing the game. But every time I try to run it, I get
||| an error message saying " MSXML 4.0 is not installed correctly. It is
||| required to run the game." I've been to the microsoft site and tried what
||| they say, but I cnt seem to figure it out at all. I'm running it on Windows
||| XP and i meet at least minimum requirements with everything else. I don't
||| know what else to do, so if someone could please help me with this, I would
||| be extremely grateful.

=?Utf-8?B?Y21hcnRpbmV6NTE1?=

      20th Mar 2007
I am having this same problem and I have tried uninstalling the game 4 times
and I've installed msxml 4.0 many times and it still just can't seem to work.
I tried going to the troubleshooter and rebooted the computer like it said
and I tried how it said to hide all Microsoft programs and disabling
everything else but it still won't work. Can someone please give me a step by
step. If I install msxml 4.0 by going to Microsoft website which ones do I
install exactly? Please someone help me I really want to play AGE of Empires
III. Thank you
Cesar

Jimmy S.

      21st Mar 2007
Hi cmartinez515,

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add-Remove Programs
2. Select any MSXML items listed and click Remove.
3. Install msxml.msi
5.0 MB

from