Any support in C# for zlib inflate/deflate?

=?Utf-8?B?TXJOb2JvZHk=?=

      31st Mar 2006
I need to use standard zlib inflate/deflate procedures... does c# support
this?

how/where are the relevant classes?

      31st Mar 2006
There is native support for the standard inflate / deflate method in the .NET
2.0 Compression namespace. If you want more control, ICSharpCode.SharpZiplib
is an open source library that offers more options and is compatible with the
native Zlib functions.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"MrNobody" wrote:

> I need to use standard zlib inflate/deflate procedures... does c# support
> this?
>
> how/where are the relevant classes?

Lebesgue

      31st Mar 2006
..NET Framework 2.0 has implementation of zip algorithms, but can't handle
zip files (e.g. read the headers etc)look at the System.IO.Compression
namespace. Another possibility is to use libraries from J# or some third
party zip libraries, like the open source sharpziplib.

"MrNobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to use standard zlib inflate/deflate procedures... does c# support
> this?
>
> how/where are the relevant classes?

Otis Mukinfus

      1st Apr 2006
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:06:03 -0800, MrNobody
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I need to use standard zlib inflate/deflate procedures... does c# support
>this?
>
>how/where are the relevant classes?

I've used sharpziplib and it works well.

Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.arltex.com
http://www.tomchilders.com