Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT 256?

Darthy

      23rd Apr 2004
I have settings ALMOST completely maxed out and now play the game
smoothly in 1280x1024. Even in 1600x1200, it was smoother than my
#2PC with the GF-5900 and a slighly slower CPU.

My ATI9800 is on the AMD2500+ (Nothing overclocked)

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:00:14 +1200, "Daykin2k" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>i also wonder how halo does on the 9600xt, i hear its quite demanding and
>even slow on a 9800xt!
>"Darthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:10:42 -0500, "Jeff M. Ingram"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello,
>> >
>> >I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
>> >any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've

>got
>> >Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other

>good
>> >games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

>> A few bucks more could have been a 9800non pro or 9800Pro ($200~220)
>> instead...
>>
>> UT2004 can bring my 9800Pro pretty low. On HUGE outdoor maps with out
>> 20+ bots, max details .... in 1600x1200 AA turned on (not FA) and I'm
>> in the mid 30s. But indoors, I'm back into the 50s.
>>
>> The 9800Pro is still a good card... but in another 12 months, a
>> 9800PRO equaled powered card should be about $100.
>>

>> --
>> Remember when real men used Real computers!?
>> When 512K of video RAM was a lot!
>>
>> Death to Palladium & WPA!!

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Steve Henderson

      29th Apr 2004
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

> Trying to play net-cop are we, giving people your rules are you, seen
> thousands like you come and go over the last 20 years on the USENET.
>
> Try to behave yourself, and anyone from any planet in any language can
> answer any question in the whole universe by saying ' google', it's a
> cop out used by people who don't know the answer[s].
>
> The reason people use this community is because they need an anwer,
> usually they will have exhausted all their ideas before they get to
> this place - sending them away is not helping but abdication,
> abandoning them by sending to 'google', it's not helpful.
>
> To anyone other than Andrew reading this, ask what you want, when you
> want, and how you want, and ignore self appointed net-cop's whoever
> they may be.
>
> BoroLad

You know, I've never understood this adversion to top-posting. I don't
know about others, but when I'm reading the 55th message in a thread,
(having just read the 54th), why should I need to scroll down thru
everything I just read in the last message to get to what the 55th
poster said?? In top-posting, it's right there - I can read it and move
on to 56. Anyway, no matter what the "policically correct" way is to
post, somebody's gonna do it the other way, so why don't we just give in
and realize that Eutopia is a long way off?

Gonzo

      29th Apr 2004
I have never understood it either... )

news:(E-Mail Removed)...