Any good games out there that will really push this Radeon 9600XT 256?

Jeff M. Ingram

      3rd Apr 2004
Hello,

I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've got
Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other good
games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

Thanks,

Jeff

Zulu

      3rd Apr 2004
"Jeff M. Ingram" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:c4mgkt$1ov4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
> any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've

got
> Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other

good
> games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

Far Cry can bring most PC's to it's knees...

Far Cry in 1600x1200 is nice... :-)

Zulu

Andrew

      3rd Apr 2004
On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:10:42 -0500, "Jeff M. Ingram"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
>any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've got
>Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other good
>games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

Far Cry will bring it to its knees.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

blah

      3rd Apr 2004

"Jeff M. Ingram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4mgkt$1ov4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
> any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've

got
> Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other

good
> games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

errr. not hard to bog down your card. Just crank up the resolutions etc...

borolad@myowseintheboro.org

      3rd Apr 2004

please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Trying to play net-cop are we, giving people your rules are you, seen
thousands like you come and go over the last 20 years on the USENET.

Try to behave yourself, and anyone from any planet in any language can
answer any question in the whole universe by saying ' google', it's a
cop out used by people who don't know the answer[s].

The reason people use this community is because they need an anwer,
usually they will have exhausted all their ideas before they get to
this place - sending them away is not helping but abdication,
abandoning them by sending to 'google', it's not helpful.

To anyone other than Andrew reading this, ask what you want, when you
want, and how you want, and ignore self appointed net-cop's whoever
they may be.

BoroLad

Danny Greaves

      3rd Apr 2004
Sorry I am off topic here but... Well said BoroLad. I concur.

--end
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

> Trying to play net-cop are we, giving people your rules are you, seen
> thousands like you come and go over the last 20 years on the USENET.
>
> Try to behave yourself, and anyone from any planet in any language can
> answer any question in the whole universe by saying ' google', it's a
> cop out used by people who don't know the answer[s].
>
> The reason people use this community is because they need an anwer,
> usually they will have exhausted all their ideas before they get to
> this place - sending them away is not helping but abdication,
> abandoning them by sending to 'google', it's not helpful.
>
> To anyone other than Andrew reading this, ask what you want, when you
> want, and how you want, and ignore self appointed net-cop's whoever
> they may be.
>
> BoroLad

Inglo

      4th Apr 2004
On 4/3/2004 11:49 AM Danny Greaves brightened our day with:

>Sorry I am off topic here but... Well said BoroLad. I concur.
>

>-

Two plonks for the price of one, morons.

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]

DaveW

      4th Apr 2004
Try Far Cry.

--
DaveW

"Jeff M. Ingram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4mgkt$1ov4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
> any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've

got
> Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other

good
> games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

John Lewis

      4th Apr 2004
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 and I was wondering if anyone knew and
>any good games that could really push this new Radeon 9600XT 256. I've got
>Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, & Need for Speed Underground. Any other good
>games that show off the new features of DirectX 9 yet?

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry
3. Far Cry
4. Far Cry.

.............. since you can play with the graphics options to your
heart's content in the Customize Option of the Configuration tool.
( The V1.1 patch even supports the soon-to-be-released NV40
and PS3.0. )

You can also bring your CPU to its knees when you zoom
the binoculars --- watch the CPU temp rocket up and the
frame-rate fall. Of course, worse at higher resolutions.

Great fun..... thanks Cryek for the most comprehensive real-live
PC CPU/Video performance benchmark ever. All graphics settings
in Far Cry can be recorded and documented for system-comparison
purposes.

As for your 9600XT 256... I can probably send you some
paper hankies...........

John Lewis

John Lewis

>Thanks,