Any freeware to check that all the hardware installed in my pc works properly eg RAM, Graphic cards, etc?

Annie

      29th Sep 2005
hello guys,

Any freeware to check that status of my hardware and report if they still
work properly.

TA

Herbert Nagler

      29th Sep 2005
Annie wrote:
> hello guys,
>
> Any freeware to check that status of my hardware and report if they
> still work properly.
>
> TA

---------------------------------
"Everst Home Edition"
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/programs/2295.php

H.N.

jmatt@SoftHome.net

      29th Sep 2005
Online testing
http://www.pcpitstop.com/

canetoad

      29th Sep 2005
Herbert Nagler wrote:
> Annie wrote:
>
>>hello guys,
>>
>>Any freeware to check that status of my hardware and report if they
>>still work properly.
>>
>>TA

> ---------------------------------
> "Everst Home Edition"
> http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/programs/2295.php

Everest worked well until Service Pack2

Would only recommend for pre sp2

jmatt@SoftHome.net

      29th Sep 2005
I have the latest Everest Home & an old version 1.51, which gives more
info, both running independent of each other on XP pro sp2.

Here are some others to look at.

http://www.belarc.com/Download.html

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptprofiler.asp

http://www.freshdevices.com/freshdiag.html

andrew at portablefreeware dot com

      29th Sep 2005
Hi,

SIW (System Information for Windows):

Direct link: http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw.html

Regards.
--
Andrew Lee
The Portable Freeware Collection

Annie wrote:
> hello guys,
>
> Any freeware to check that status of my hardware and report if they still
> work properly.
>
> TA

Chief Suspect

      29th Sep 2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Online testing
> http://www.pcpitstop.com/

==================

Er .. not so sure that permitting an online source access to poke around
my computer is a good idea. I even eschew the necessary occasional
upgrade from Microsoft which examines my hard drive to see what might be
needed. I don't trust any of them!

PanHandler

      29th Sep 2005
No longer available for D/L, but may be available elsewhere. AIDA32
Enterprise System Information does a very thorough scan of your computer,
even component temperature data and Win XP Key number.

I'd be happy to send the executable to anyone interested.

From the readme:
AIDA32 - Features

AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking
program running on Win32 platforms. It extracts details of all components of
the PC. It can display information on the screen, print it, or save it to
file in various formats like HTML, CSV or XML. For corporate users, AIDA32
offers command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics, remote
system information and network management.

Features:
Full hardware & software information on 80 pages
Built-in hardware database: detailed information about 21000 components
Phyisical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disk, optical drive
Motherboard chipset, buses, sensor information
Installed programs, event logs list
Diagnostics module to reveal possible problems
Memory benchmark
Automatic audit via command-line switches
ADO/ODBC database support
Remote control through TCP/IP network
32-bit low-level hardware detection
Multi-threaded program model
Full Windows XP compatibility
Iomega Active Disk support
English, Hungarian, German, Russian language module
French, Italian, Spanish language module

Harvey Van Sickle

      29th Sep 2005
On 29 Sep 2005, PanHandler wrote

> No longer available for D/L, but may be available elsewhere.
> AIDA32 Enterprise System Information does a very thorough scan of
> your computer, even component temperature data and Win XP Key
> number.

I think you'll find that AIDA transmuted into "Everest"; the "home"
edition is still freeware (and an excellent product):

http://www.lavalys.com/products/over...?pid=1&lang=en

--
Cheers,
Harvey

Harvey Van Sickle

      29th Sep 2005
On 29 Sep 2005, Harvey Van Sickle wrote

> On 29 Sep 2005, PanHandler wrote
>
>> No longer available for D/L, but may be available elsewhere.
>> AIDA32 Enterprise System Information does a very thorough scan of
>> your computer, even component temperature data and Win XP Key
>> number.

> I think you'll find that AIDA transmuted into "Everest"; the "home"
> edition is still freeware (and an excellent product):
>
> http://www.lavalys.com/products/over...?pid=1&lang=en

Forgot to add two things: it's available as an installer *or* as a zip
(I been using version 2.01 as a non-installed app); and I think it may
require (free) registration.

--
Cheers,
Harvey