Any font to surround number with a circle?

Flamikey

      28th Sep 2004

Looking to have a number surrounded with a circle to use for footnoting
however I'd like to use a font that automatically formats the numbe
entered into the cell to be encircled and not insert a drawing shape o
top of the cell and then type in a number within the shape. Doe
Wingdings or another font have this capability? Thanks

--
Flamike
Flamikey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=461

Myrna Larson

      28th Sep 2004
The Character Map utility that's part of Windows will show you which
characters are available. There are numbers 1-10 in Windings2, but I'm not
sure this will help you: the ASCII code for the 1 in a circle is 106, which
has absolutely nothing to do with the binary representation of the number 1.

If you require this format, I think you'll have to do it manually.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:54:44 -0500, Flamikey
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Looking to have a number surrounded with a circle to use for footnoting,
>however I'd like to use a font that automatically formats the number
>entered into the cell to be encircled and not insert a drawing shape on
>top of the cell and then type in a number within the shape. Does
>Wingdings or another font have this capability? Thanks!

mzehr

      28th Sep 2004
Hi,
AFAIK, Wingdings1 and Wingdings2 have that feature, but
only numbers 0-10, and they don't correlate with your
numbers 0-10.
In other words you would need to put in Alt - 0 plus the
character code for the related symbol. For example you
would need to format the cell for wingdings and alt 0145
will give you a 6 with a dark circle around it.

Hope this helps

--------------
>Flamikey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?

action=getinfo&userid=4612
>View this thread:

>.

      28th Sep 2004
hi,
windkings2 lower case for letters j to s will get you 1 to
10 with a circle. but you would have to do that manually.
for other characters....
=CHAR(Row())
in a blank workbook, copy that and paste it down to row
255.