Antivirus Programs (RC1)

Marc Nutty

      9th Sep 2006
Hi,

Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?

I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?

thanks...

Beck

      9th Sep 2006

"Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?

IMO Yes.

> I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
> constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?

I think Trend is the only one to work with Vista properly at the moment.
If its constantly updating then its doing its job. Its only a quick update
every 3 hrs :-)

Andre Da Costa

      9th Sep 2006
Trend Micro is probably the only compatible one at the moment, more sure be
released or updated though. Its important for a number of reasons, this is
Windows which is considered a high target because of its large user base,
most users will continue to run as Administrator and disable UAC which will
help to make system more prone to attack. Virus/Trojan/Malware writers are
continually searching the OS for vulnerabilities. Even recent beta builds
were subject to attacks.

So its best you stay ahead by having a install AV and most important of all,
keep it updated.
--
http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
"Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?
>
> I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
> constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?
>
> thanks...

Jean-Marc

      9th Sep 2006
No, Avast is OK now. see here : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23424
jm
"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trend Micro is probably the only compatible one at the moment, more sure
> be released or updated though. Its important for a number of reasons, this
> is Windows which is considered a high target because of its large user
> base, most users will continue to run as Administrator and disable UAC
> which will help to make system more prone to attack. Virus/Trojan/Malware
> writers are continually searching the OS for vulnerabilities. Even recent
> beta builds were subject to attacks.
>
> So its best you stay ahead by having a install AV and most important of
> all, keep it updated.
> --
> http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
> "Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?
>>
>> I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
>> constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?
>>
>> thanks...

Jeff

      9th Sep 2006
hi Andre,
FYI-lol ala. KJP
AVAST is working now too for RC1 x86

Jeff
"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trend Micro is probably the only compatible one at the moment, more sure
> be released or updated though. Its important for a number of reasons, this
> is Windows which is considered a high target because of its large user
> base, most users will continue to run as Administrator and disable UAC
> which will help to make system more prone to attack. Virus/Trojan/Malware
> writers are continually searching the OS for vulnerabilities. Even recent
> beta builds were subject to attacks.
>
> So its best you stay ahead by having a install AV and most important of
> all, keep it updated.
> --
> http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
> "Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?
>>
>> I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
>> constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?
>>
>> thanks...

Andre Da Costa

      9th Sep 2006
Great
--
http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
"Jeff" <jeffwhat45(hi)@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi Andre,
> FYI-lol ala. KJP
> AVAST is working now too for RC1 x86
>
> Jeff
> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Trend Micro is probably the only compatible one at the moment, more sure
>> be released or updated though. Its important for a number of reasons,
>> this is Windows which is considered a high target because of its large
>> user base, most users will continue to run as Administrator and disable
>> UAC which will help to make system more prone to attack.
>> Virus/Trojan/Malware writers are continually searching the OS for
>> vulnerabilities. Even recent beta builds were subject to attacks.
>>
>> So its best you stay ahead by having a install AV and most important of
>> all, keep it updated.
>> --
>> http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
>> "Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?
>>>
>>> I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it
>>> was constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?
>>>
>>> thanks...

Richard G. Harper

      9th Sep 2006
An antivirus program is a necessity for ANY computer connected to the
Internet or that gets data from any outside source. Even a borrowed floppy,
CD or USB drive can introduce a virus into your system.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)

"Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Are ant-virus programs in Vista absolutly necessary?
>
> I know Trend Pc cillin do a good Vista trial beta program, however it was
> constantly updating lol, are there any others worth a look?

Jane C

      9th Sep 2006
Funny thing is...Avast was always working on x64 RC1, but not x86. Go
figure!!

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-)
"Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Great
> --
> http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
> "Jeff" <jeffwhat45(hi)@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi Andre,
>> FYI-lol ala. KJP
>> AVAST is working now too for RC1 x86
>>
>> Jeff
>> "Andre Da Costa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Trend Micro is probably the only compatible one at the moment, more sure
>>> be released or updated though. Its important for a number of reasons,
>>> this is Windows which is considered a high target because of its large
>>> user base, most users will continue to run as Administrator and disable
>>> UAC which will help to make system more prone to attack.
>>> Virus/Trojan/Malware writers are continually searching the OS for
>>> vulnerabilities. Even recent beta builds were subject to attacks.
>>>
>>> So its best you stay ahead by having a install AV and most important of
>>> all, keep it updated.
>>> --
>>> http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
>>> "Marc Nutty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?UHVtYQ==?=

      10th Sep 2006
Try avast it works great with vista