Anti-virus cleaned files ... were they viruses or needed files???

randyv

      9th Aug 2003
I'm running McAfee on a W2k SQL Server Cluster. The domain controller had a
number of viruses of various sorts. During the run I noticed that several
files were cleaned (removed) from the system.

Once I rebooted the server, I saw that a few services in the event viewed
failed to start ...
kde and RtKit service failed to start - and these were some of the files
(kde.exe being one) that were removed in the anti-virus pass.

What are the kde and RtKit services? Are these viruses or legitimate? If
legitimate, how can I recover these files?

Tia

randyv

--
Randy Volters

'what we do in life echoes in eternity'
<><

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      9th Aug 2003

"randyv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running McAfee on a W2k SQL Server Cluster. The domain controller had

> number of viruses of various sorts. During the run I noticed that several
> files were cleaned (removed) from the system.
>
> Once I rebooted the server, I saw that a few services in the event viewed
> failed to start ...
> kde and RtKit service failed to start - and these were some of the files
> (kde.exe being one) that were removed in the anti-virus pass.
>
> What are the kde and RtKit services? Are these viruses or legitimate? If
> legitimate, how can I recover these files?
>
> Tia
>
> randyv
>
> --
> Randy Volters
>
> 'what we do in life echoes in eternity'
> <><

Did you check out Google and the various antivirus sites (NAV,
www.antivirus.com)?