amazing we are still here

Bill Sanderson

      9th Sep 2010
Private groups are going away too. As far as I can see all NNTP groups
associated with Connect are gone, even though the announcment says not until
October...

I wouldn't expect any notice--I'm not sure why we are still here, but I'm
pretty sure that it isn't the high quality of the community here that is
keeping them from pulling the plug.

"Bill Sharpe, BullDawg" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Isn't this a private and not public newsgroup? I access it through

privatenews.microsoft.com

which requires a username and password. However, I believe we all use the
same username and password. Since it is not a public group, that more than
likely explains why we are still around.

--

_______________

BullDawg
In God We Trust
_______________
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:46:28 -0400
> "robinb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> maybe ms forgot about this newsgroup
>> robin

> I hope so. Seeing new posts to this newsgroup is easy, since on screen
> it lurks at the bottom of the few others I keep up with, underneath my
> email folders. Without this group, I wouldn't see many of the notices
> about updates to MS and and others' products that get posted here, at
> least not in a timely way.
>
> Gene

Stephen Boots MVP-Windows Live

      10th Sep 2010
The Connect newsgroups are still there, Bill. If you can't connect,
getting a 502 Auth error, reset your newsgroup password on Connect and
it will give you nntp access again within a few hours. There was some
sort of issue a week or so back.
-steve

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:25:59 -0400, "Bill Sanderson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Private groups are going away too. As far as I can see all NNTP groups
>associated with Connect are gone, even though the announcment says not until
>October...
>
>I wouldn't expect any notice--I'm not sure why we are still here, but I'm
>pretty sure that it isn't the high quality of the community here that is
>keeping them from pulling the plug.
>

>"Bill Sharpe, BullDawg" wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>Isn't this a private and not public newsgroup? I access it through
>
>privatenews.microsoft.com
>
>which requires a username and password. However, I believe we all use the
>same username and password. Since it is not a public group, that more than
>likely explains why we are still around.

--
Stephen Boots
MVP-Windows Live
(E-Mail Removed)