Alternative ListView control?

cody

      13th Aug 2004
System.Windows.ListView is incredible slow if filling huge amounts of data
in (>3000).
Additionally there is no such thing like good ol callback-items in .NET. Why
didn't they allowed a similar behaviour with databinding in ListView?
Is there a workaround for that? Is is possible to use the winapi to fill a
System.Windows.ListView or is there a good third party ListView?

Do not tell me something about DataGrid - this is the most crappy control
I've ever seen, and it is for most tasks unusable.
I want to create a huge explorer like file list which I then want to display
to the user.

Any ideas?

--
cody

Freeware Tools, Games and Humour
http://www.deutronium.de.vu || http://www.deutronium.tk

Sijin Joseph

      13th Aug 2004
Have you tried the Virtual ListView control at WindowsForms.net
http://www.windowsforms.net/ControlG...214&tabindex=0

--
Sijin Joseph
http://www.indiangeek.net

"cody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:utdV7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> System.Windows.ListView is incredible slow if filling huge amounts of data
> in (>3000).
> Additionally there is no such thing like good ol callback-items in .NET.

Why
> didn't they allowed a similar behaviour with databinding in ListView?
> Is there a workaround for that? Is is possible to use the winapi to fill a
> System.Windows.ListView or is there a good third party ListView?
>
> Do not tell me something about DataGrid - this is the most crappy control
> I've ever seen, and it is for most tasks unusable.
> I want to create a huge explorer like file list which I then want to

display
> to the user.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> cody
>
> Freeware Tools, Games and Humour
> http://www.deutronium.de.vu || http://www.deutronium.tk

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

      13th Aug 2004
Cody,
Good news.

It appears that .NET 2.0 adds support for virtual items to the ListView!

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...irtualMode.asp

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...alListSize.asp

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...irtualItem.asp

I have not had a chance to play with the virtual list view in Beta 1 yet.

I have played with the ListView.Groups which may be helpful in a couple of
places...

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/librar...iew_Groups.asp

Hope this helps
Jay

"cody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:utdV7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> System.Windows.ListView is incredible slow if filling huge amounts of data
> in (>3000).
> Additionally there is no such thing like good ol callback-items in .NET.

Why
> didn't they allowed a similar behaviour with databinding in ListView?
> Is there a workaround for that? Is is possible to use the winapi to fill a
> System.Windows.ListView or is there a good third party ListView?
>
> Do not tell me something about DataGrid - this is the most crappy control
> I've ever seen, and it is for most tasks unusable.
> I want to create a huge explorer like file list which I then want to

display
> to the user.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> cody
>
> Freeware Tools, Games and Humour
> http://www.deutronium.de.vu || http://www.deutronium.tk

New Member

      22nd Feb 2011
Check out the Better ListView .NET control from Component Owl. It supports complex data-binding, and is generally superior to the common .net list view.

Dej Dej is offline
New Member

      15th Apr 2011
You can try out the IntegralUI ListView control. It is high performance and very customizable control. The load of 10,000 items can be done instantly.

Last edited by Dej; 15th Apr 2011 at 10:48 AM..