How to allow cd burning using windows xp built in burning software

tony

      13th Jul 2005
How can I allow CD Burning when I restrict access to C:
via GPO? These computers are lab computer
which need to be locked down to prevent students from
filling up the C:, but
I need them to be able to burn CD's. Help please.
Also I have restricted access to windows explorer

Thanks

lforbes

      19th Jul 2005
"" wrote:
> How can I allow CD Burning when I restrict access to C:
> via GPO? These computers are lab computer
> which need to be locked down to prevent students from
> filling up the C:, but
> I need them to be able to burn CD's. Help please.
> Also I have restricted access to windows explorer
>
> Thanks

Hi,

My users are able to burn CD’s fine through Windows XP burning and
they are locked down as tight as possible.

I would use the "hide drives in My Computer" rather than the "restrict
drives" GPO setting. Then you can use NTFS security on the particular
drives to actually prevent users from saving to C:

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-P...ict395447.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308934