All files save as untitled.bmp

=?Utf-8?B?UGljdHVyZSBMb3Zlcg==?=

      24th Oct 2004
It seems that after SP2, 90% of pictures I try to save from a webpage give me
only one option - untitled bitmap. This is awful, especially when trying to
save a moving .gif!

Is there a setting that has gotten changed on my computer, new html
protocol, or something else?

Paul Ballou

      24th Oct 2004
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/e...aq/default.asp
Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format in
Microsoft Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
Cannot Save Images in Windows XP as JPG

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"Picture Lover" <Picture (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It seems that after SP2, 90% of pictures I try to save from a webpage give
> me
> only one option - untitled bitmap. This is awful, especially when trying
> save a moving .gif!
>
> Is there a setting that has gotten changed on my computer, new html
> protocol, or something else?

=?Utf-8?B?UGljdHVyZSBMb3Zlcg==?=

      24th Oct 2004
Thank you! I must have gone through about 20 to 30 different pages looking
for help. Finally decided to get help from here. Glad I did!

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/e...aq/default.asp
> Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format in
> Microsoft Internet Explorer?
> Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
> Cannot Save Images in Windows XP as JPG
>
> --
> Paul Ballou
> MVP Office
> http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx
> http://office.microsoft.com/templates
> http://office.microsoft.com/home
>
> Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
> control.
>
> "Picture Lover" <Picture (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It seems that after SP2, 90% of pictures I try to save from a webpage give
> > me
> > only one option - untitled bitmap. This is awful, especially when trying
> > save a moving .gif!
> >
> > Is there a setting that has gotten changed on my computer, new html
> > protocol, or something else?

Paul Ballou

      24th Oct 2004
You're Welcome.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/templates
http://office.microsoft.com/home

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...