Laurie

      13th Mar 2008
I have downloaded and uninstalled this so many times. The problem is that
when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that there is
a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to MSoft.
Laurie

Dave M

      13th Mar 2008
Hi Laurie;

You've reached a Microsoft support forum for the Microsoft's Windows
Defender Anti-Spyware program. Nobody is here from Adobe Systems
Incorporated. You can try this link to get your question resolved:
http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

Note that phone support for free Adobe Reader is offered only to customers
who have purchased a support plan
--

Regards, Dave

Laurie wrote:
> I have downloaded and uninstalled this so many times. The problem is that
> when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that
> there is
> a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to
> MSoft.
> Laurie

Bill Sanderson

      14th Mar 2008
I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
"show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.

Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:

http://www.adobe.com

Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
more updates are offered.

See if that takes care of the problem.
"Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have downloaded and uninstalled this so many times. The problem is that
> when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that there
> is
> a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to MSoft.
> Laurie

sherri ensminger

      6th Apr 2008

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
> have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
> "show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.
>
> Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:
>
> http://www.adobe.com
>
> Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
> more updates are offered.
>
> See if that takes care of the problem.
> "Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have downloaded and uninstalled this so many times. The problem is that
> > when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that there
> > is
> > a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to MSoft.
> > Laurie

sherri ensminger

      6th Apr 2008
Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
installer patch package." Can you help me?

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
> have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
> "show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.
>
> Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:
>
> http://www.adobe.com
>
> Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
> more updates are offered.
>
> See if that takes care of the problem.
> "Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have downloaded and uninstalled this so many times. The problem is that
> > when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that there
> > is
> > a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to MSoft.
> > Laurie

Tom Emmelot

      6th Apr 2008
Hi sherri,

Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader and try again to
install the reader.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Let us know how things went.

Regards >*< TOM >*<

sherri ensminger schreef:
> Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
> sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
> the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
> technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
> me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
> opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
> contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
> installer patch package." Can you help me?
>
> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
>> have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
>> "show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.
>>
>> Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com
>>
>> Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
>> more updates are offered.
>>
>> See if that takes care of the problem.
>> "Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have downloaded and uninstalled this so many times. The problem is that
>>> when I click on adobe, I get a black screen then error message "that there
>>> is
>>> a problem with adobe", the i have achoice to send or not to send to MSoft.
>>> Laurie

sherri ensminger

      6th Apr 2008
well, I downloaded that uninstaller and when I went to uninstall my adobe it
say's "this patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package
existis and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to
verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package." So, now I
don't know what to do.

"Tom Emmelot" wrote:

> Hi sherri,
>
> Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader and try again to
> install the reader.
> http://www.revouninstaller.com/
> Let us know how things went.
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>
> sherri ensminger schreef:
> > Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
> > sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
> > the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
> > technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
> > me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
> > opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
> > contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
> > installer patch package." Can you help me?
> >
> > "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
> >
> >> I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
> >> have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
> >> "show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.
> >>
> >> Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:
> >>
> >> http://www.adobe.com
> >>
> >> Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
> >> more updates are offered.
> >>
> >> See if that takes care of the problem.
> >> "Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

sherri ensminger

      6th Apr 2008
Hello Tom,

I guess I just didn't do somthing right the first time. I ran that program
again and this time it got rid of my adobe. I re-installed it and now it
work perfectly. The battle is over...lol. Thank a million Tom.

"Tom Emmelot" wrote:

> Hi sherri,
>
> Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader and try again to
> install the reader.
> http://www.revouninstaller.com/
> Let us know how things went.
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>
> sherri ensminger schreef:
> > Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
> > sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
> > the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
> > technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
> > me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
> > opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
> > contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
> > installer patch package." Can you help me?
> >
> > "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
> >
> >> I'd suggest uninstalling all versions and updates of Adobe Reader that you
> >> have installed--control panel, add or remove programs, check the box to
> >> "show updates" and uninstall everything titled Adobe Reader.
> >>
> >> Then do a fresh download from Adobe's site:
> >>
> >> http://www.adobe.com
> >>
> >> Once installed, go to Help, check for updates. Repeat that check until no
> >> more updates are offered.
> >>
> >> See if that takes care of the problem.
> >> "Laurie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Tom Emmelot

      6th Apr 2008
Hi Sherri,

Thanks to Revo for their good program!

Glad it worked for you.

Regards >*< TOM >*<

sherri ensminger schreef:
> Hello Tom,
>
> I guess I just didn't do somthing right the first time. I ran that program
> again and this time it got rid of my adobe. I re-installed it and now it
> work perfectly. The battle is over...lol. Thank a million Tom.
>

> "Tom Emmelot" wrote:
>
>> Hi sherri,
>>
>> Download this free tool to uninstall the Adobe reader and try again to
>> install the reader.
>> http://www.revouninstaller.com/
>> Let us know how things went.
>>
>> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>>
>> sherri ensminger schreef:
>>> Do you know how to uninstall adobe 8.1.2? every time I try to use adobe is
>>> sits there for about 2 or 3 min, then pops up a window saying "Error 1714.
>>> the older version of adobe reader 8.1.2 cannot be removed. contact your
>>> technical support group." I went to add or remove programs and it won't let
>>> me remove adobe 8.1.1. When I do it says " The patch package could not be
>>> opened. Verify that the patch package exits and that you can access it, or
>>> contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows
>>> installer patch package." Can you help me?

Kathy Shaffer

      29th Apr 2008
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tom, Bill and Sherri. I have been working
at this for weeks to no avail. http://www.revouninstaller.com/ FINALLY did
the trick that all the others could not. Bless you all for your persistence
and for helping out those of us who know little of computers.