ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

Jason_owb

      18th Jul 2007
IS THERE ANYWAY TO ADD A PASSWORD TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO KEEP SAFE
MODE SECURITY THREATS?

--
Jason Kirkman

GreenieLeBrun

      18th Jul 2007

Jason_owb wrote:
> IS THERE ANYWAY TO ADD A PASSWORD TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO
> KEEP SAFE MODE SECURITY THREATS?

Yes, of course, the same way you add or change the password on your own
account.

By the way your Caps Lock key is stuck.

Bruce Chambers

      18th Jul 2007
Jason_owb wrote:
> IS THERE ANYWAY TO ADD A PASSWORD TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT TO KEEP SAFE
> MODE SECURITY THREATS?

The same way you'd set or change a password for any other account.
Simply log in using an account with administrative privileges:

1) Start > Run > "control userpasswords2" to modify the desired account(s).

2) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Local Users and Groups > Users >
right-click Administrator > Set password.

Please unstick your CapsLock key. Posting in all caps, as you have
done, is the Usenet equivalent of shouting, and is considered very rude
by a large number of people. More importantly, posting in all caps
makes the post harder to read, further reducing your chances of getting
help; a great many people won't even try to read such a message. If you
really want help, simply comply with the dictates of common courtesy and
the conventions of the milieu.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: