Adding X-Protective-Marking

Peter

      21st Feb 2007
Greetings

I am a newbie so please be gentle:-)

Am using OL2003, VSTO 2005SE with VS2005 (VB.NET)

I have managed to create an addin using VSTO a toolbar with dropdown on a
new mail message that adds a security classification to the subject line
before the mail is sent. What I am also trying to do is add a custom header
(X-Protective-Marking to the mail message before it is sent. I can't
easily see how to do this.

Any help or pointers so other examples would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Peter Lock
Palace Software

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

      21st Feb 2007
You can't use the Outlook object model to add an x-header, you would have to
use a lower level API such as CDO 1.21 (optional installation and not
supported in .NET code), Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only and not supported
in .NET code) or a COM wrapper around MAPI like Redemption
(www.dimastr.com/redemption).

A CDO sample to create an x-header is shown in a custom form at
http://www.ivasoft.biz/addheader3.html.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

> Greetings
>
> I am a newbie so please be gentle:-)
>
> Am using OL2003, VSTO 2005SE with VS2005 (VB.NET)
>
> I have managed to create an addin using VSTO a toolbar with dropdown on a
> new mail message that adds a security classification to the subject line
> before the mail is sent. What I am also trying to do is add a custom
> header (X-Protective-Marking to the mail message before it is sent. I
> can't easily see how to do this.
>
> Any help or pointers so other examples would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Peter Lock
> Palace Software

Peter

      22nd Feb 2007
Hi Ken

Thank you for that. I thought I might have to dig out my old C++ books:-)

Cheers
Peter

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eI0YE%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can't use the Outlook object model to add an x-header, you would have
> to use a lower level API such as CDO 1.21 (optional installation and not
> supported in .NET code), Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only and not
> supported in .NET code) or a COM wrapper around MAPI like Redemption
> (www.dimastr.com/redemption).
>
> A CDO sample to create an x-header is shown in a custom form at
> http://www.ivasoft.biz/addheader3.html.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Greetings
>>
>> I am a newbie so please be gentle:-)
>>
>> Am using OL2003, VSTO 2005SE with VS2005 (VB.NET)
>>
>> I have managed to create an addin using VSTO a toolbar with dropdown on a
>> new mail message that adds a security classification to the subject line
>> before the mail is sent. What I am also trying to do is add a custom
>> header (X-Protective-Marking to the mail message before it is sent. I
>> can't easily see how to do this.
>>
>> Any help or pointers so other examples would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Peter Lock
>> Palace Software

New Member

      30th Jul 2011
Take a look at 360 Systems protective marking system:
http://www.360-systems.com/content/a...arking/outlook