Adding Total Number of slides to the page number field in the footer

      30th Sep 2008
I was looking for a feature in powerpoint that would be the equivalent to
one that exists in MS Word. That is, in Word I can add a field in the
footer to read "page 5 of 12". Powerpoint only seems to have the slide
number.

I suspect this might be where VBA comes in. Anyone have some sample code to
do this? (That is if this is the solution path).

thanks

Michael Koerner

      30th Sep 2008
This should help. http://billdilworth.mvps.org/PageXXofYY.htm

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
I was looking for a feature in powerpoint that would be the equivalent to
one that exists in MS Word. That is, in Word I can add a field in the
footer to read "page 5 of 12". Powerpoint only seems to have the slide
number.

I suspect this might be where VBA comes in. Anyone have some sample code to
do this? (That is if this is the solution path).

thanks

      2nd Oct 2008
Thanks - that should do it.

"Michael Koerner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This should help. http://billdilworth.mvps.org/PageXXofYY.htm
>
> --
> Michael Koerner
> MS MVP - PowerPoint
>

> "J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was looking for a feature in powerpoint that would be the equivalent to
> one that exists in MS Word. That is, in Word I can add a field in the
> footer to read "page 5 of 12". Powerpoint only seems to have the slide
> number.
>
> I suspect this might be where VBA comes in. Anyone have some sample code
> do this? (That is if this is the solution path).
>
> thanks

Michael Koerner

      2nd Oct 2008
Thanks for getting back to us.