Will adding a sender to the 'Junk E-Mail LIst' block future mail

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsaw==?=

      24th Oct 2005
If I add a sender to the 'junk E-mail' list and create a 'Junk E-mail' folder
will future e-mails be automatically sent there? If not let me now how to
accomplish what i want to do. I have Office 2000 installed.

Wilk

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9jZWx5biBGaW9yZWxsbyBbTVZQIC0gT3V0bG9v

      25th Oct 2005
Yes, but if you're trying to beat spammers, adding senders' addresses to the
Junk Mail List is a futile effort -- spammers rarely use the same address
twice, preferring to spoof others' addresses. With Outlook 2000, you'd be
much better off either upgrading to Outlook 2003 (which has much-improved
spam filtering capabilities) or investing in a dedicated anti-spam program
such as Mailwasher or IHateSpam.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Wilk" wrote:

> If I add a sender to the 'junk E-mail' list and create a 'Junk E-mail' folder
> will future e-mails be automatically sent there? If not let me now how to
> accomplish what i want to do. I have Office 2000 installed.
>
> Wilk

Brian Tillman

      25th Oct 2005
Wilk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If I add a sender to the 'junk E-mail' list and create a 'Junk
> E-mail' folder will future e-mails be automatically sent there?

I don't think so. In Outlook 2000, the Junk Mail filters just allow the
coloring of the subject of mail, so if you have the Junk E-mail filter
enabl;ed in Organize, it uses the Junk Senders list to color the message
subjects. It's been a while, though, so I don't recall all the options.
--
Brian Tillman