Adding .Net Framework 3.5 to target designer

tmcasey

      6th Jan 2009
I am trying to build a new image with .NET framework 3.5 but do not know how
to add it as a component to target designer. I have searched for .sld and
..inf files to create a component but could not find one for .Net Framework.

Sean Liming \(MVP\)

      6th Jan 2009

..NET Framework 3.5 is already a component with Update Rollup 1.0
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
and in WES2K9
--
Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit

"tmcasey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to build a new image with .NET framework 3.5 but do not know
>how
> to add it as a component to target designer. I have searched for .sld and
> .inf files to create a component but could not find one for .Net
> Framework.

tmcasey

      7th Jan 2009
I downloaded the update Rollup 1.0 but can not get it to install. I get the
following error:A new platform object needs to be installed before this
update can be installed. Please download the latest platform update from
<http://www.microsoft.com/embedded> and install it before attempting to
install this QFE.

I do have SP2 installed. When I look at the embedded site I do not see what
I need to download. Could someone tell me what I need to download to ge the
new platform object?

"Sean Liming (MVP)" wrote:

> ..NET Framework 3.5 is already a component with Update Rollup 1.0
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
> and in WES2K9
> --
> Regards,
>
> Sean Liming
> www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
> Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
>

> "tmcasey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am trying to build a new image with .NET framework 3.5 but do not know
> >how
> > to add it as a component to target designer. I have searched for .sld and
> > .inf files to create a component but could not find one for .Net
> > Framework.

tmcasey

      7th Jan 2009
I was able to get it to install. I had not completely installed SP2 - I had
the toolbox updated but not the database. Plus I did the following security
update.
Q811279 can be found here:

I am not sure if I had to do it because I did the update and still got the
same error. Than I went back to the SP2 setup.exe and found the database had
not been updated.

"tmcasey" wrote:

> I downloaded the update Rollup 1.0 but can not get it to install. I get the
> following error:A new platform object needs to be installed before this
> update can be installed. Please download the latest platform update from
> <http://www.microsoft.com/embedded> and install it before attempting to
> install this QFE.
>
> I do have SP2 installed. When I look at the embedded site I do not see what
> I need to download. Could someone tell me what I need to download to ge the
> new platform object?
>
> "Sean Liming (MVP)" wrote:
>

> > ..NET Framework 3.5 is already a component with Update Rollup 1.0
> > (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
> > and in WES2K9
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sean Liming
> > www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
> > Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
> >

> > "tmcasey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I am trying to build a new image with .NET framework 3.5 but do not know
> > >how
> > > to add it as a component to target designer. I have searched for .sld and
> > > .inf files to create a component but could not find one for .Net
> > > Framework.

Sean Liming \(MVP\)

      7th Jan 2009
It is a little confusing with all the udpates. I put the installation steps
here: http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Artic...ta%20notes.pdf
--
Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
"tmcasey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was able to get it to install. I had not completely installed SP2 - I had
> the toolbox updated but not the database. Plus I did the following
> security
> update.
> Q811279 can be found here:

> I am not sure if I had to do it because I did the update and still got the
> same error. Than I went back to the SP2 setup.exe and found the database
> had
> not been updated.
>
> "tmcasey" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the update Rollup 1.0 but can not get it to install. I get
>> the
>> following error:A new platform object needs to be installed before this
>> update can be installed. Please download the latest platform update from
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/embedded> and install it before attempting to
>> install this QFE.
>>
>> I do have SP2 installed. When I look at the embedded site I do not see
>> what
>> I need to download. Could someone tell me what I need to download to ge
>> the
>> new platform object?
>>
>> "Sean Liming (MVP)" wrote:
>>

>> > ..NET Framework 3.5 is already a component with Update Rollup 1.0
>> > (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
>> > and in WES2K9
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Sean Liming
>> > www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
>> > Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit
>> >

>> > "tmcasey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Iņaki

      8th Jan 2009
I'm not really sure if Update Rollup contains .Net Framework 3.5. I
believed it contains framework 3.0 and not 3.5. Could you confirm us
if is it 3.0 or 3.5?

Best regards

On 7 ene, 19:57, "Sean Liming \(MVP\)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> It is a little confusing with all the udpates. I put the installation steps
> here:http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Artic...ta%20notes.pdf
> --
> Regards,
>
> Sean Limingwww.sjjmicro.com/www.seanliming.com
> Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit"tmcasey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >I was able to get it to install. I had not completely installed SP2 - I had
> > the toolbox updated but not the database. Plus I did the following
> > security
> > update.
> > Q811279 can be found here:

> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d=5C1C0AE5-828...

> > I am not sure if I had to do it because I did the update and still got the
> > same error. Than I went back to the SP2 setup.exe and found the database
> > had
> > not been updated.

> > "tmcasey" wrote:

> >> I downloaded the update Rollup 1.0 but can not get it to install. I get
> >> the
> >> following error:A new platform object needs to be installed before this
> >> update can be installed. Please download the latest platform update from
> >> <http://www.microsoft.com/embedded> and install it before attempting to
> >> install this QFE.

> >> I do have SP2 installed. When I look at the embedded site I do not see
> >> what
> >> I need to download. Could someone tell me what I need to download to ge
> >> the
> >> new platform object?

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Sean Liming \(MVP\)

      8th Jan 2009

You right, UR1 contains 3.0 only. Too many versions all at once. Just run
the installer post FBA; a blog post discusses the details:

http://blogs.msdn.com/embedded/archi...-0-in-xpe.aspx

--
Regards,

Sean Liming
www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit

news:(E-Mail Removed)...