Adding Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library

forest8

      5th Jun 2010
Hi there

I am working on an Access database with another person.

Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
because he made references to this library.

How do I find and download this library?

Thank you for your advance in advance.

Banana

      5th Jun 2010
On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am working on an Access database with another person.
>
> Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
> because he made references to this library.
>
> How do I find and download this library?
>
> Thank you for your advance in advance.

I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
OS, which is why it's not available for download.

But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
get you started.

Best of luck!

forest8

      6th Jun 2010
I don't understand. What am i supposed to do?

"Banana" wrote:

> On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I am working on an Access database with another person.
> >
> > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library"
> > because he made references to this library.
> >
> > How do I find and download this library?
> >
> > Thank you for your advance in advance.

> I can't find the source handy but the way I understood it was that 6.0
> is basically just Vista-ized 2.8 and probably wouldn't work on earlier
> OS, which is why it's not available for download.
>
> But that's besides the point: Generally when a reference is used, it's
> usually good idea to use late binding and thus release yourself from the
> burden of having the identical version of the library. I bet that if you
> google on 'late binding', you'll get several tutorials and samples to
> get you started.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> .

a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m

      14th Jun 2010
Just use 6.0 dude, if you need to distribute to people using Windows
XP you might need to change that to 2.8

or you could jsut use

Dim Rst
Set rst = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

that method means you wouldn't even need to set a reference

-Aaron